Geographic Activities Committee
Supporting the IEEE Computer Society volunteer experience at the local level.
The Geographic Activities Committee is a standing committee of the IEEE Computer Society’s Member & Geographic Activities Board and is designed to foster collaborations within the society at the local chapter and IEEE Region and Section levels. Its primary responsibilities are to:
- Oversee and support the Computer Society’s Professional Section Chapters as well as Student Branch Chapters
- Maintain local Student Activity Committees to support student member development
- With support of the IEEE CS Student and Young Professionals Committee implement programs to engage early career professionals
- Design, develop, and implement a support program for volunteers at the local level
Chair: David Bonderant
- Region 1 & 2 Coordinator: Vacant
- Region 3 & 4 Coordinator: Dr. Sherif Elfaymouy
- Region 5 & 6 Coordinator: James Gowans
- Region 7 Coordinator: Bob Gill
- Region 8 Coordinator: Omer Melih Gul
- Region 9 Coordinator: Roberto Moreno
- Region 10 Coordinator: Mohamed Rawidean Mohd Kassim
Regions above correspond to IEEE Regions.
If links above do not open, please switch to your IEEE account (see here)
Glossary of geographic committees and officer positions.
To get involved or find out more about local opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.