Latest News & Articles
2019 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Breaks Records on All Fronts
Our CVPR 2019 coverage puts you there:
- How many records were broken? Who won awards? Also see video highlights of opening ceremonies.
- Expo: Tour the exhibition floor amassed with tech giants.
- Workshops: Each is a mini-conference, some with prize challenges of up to $60k.
- Posters: Massive crowds provoke deepest discussions.
- Paper Presentations: Audiences fill three vast venues.
- Tutorials: Robotics, VR/AR, self-driving cars.
What People Are Reading
Our Trending Articles This Week
- Editorship: Apply by 22 July 2019 to become the inaugural editor in chief of the IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society.
- INSIDER: See the new class of Computer Society senior members. You know someone on the list?
- Q&A: Award winner Susan Rodger of Duke University talks about her "Adventures in Alice" programming initiative, detective novels, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Podcast: Derek Collison, CEO of Synadia Communications Inc., discusses messaging systems and the open source project NATS on Software Engineering Radio.
- Q&A: Meet award winner Ian Foster of Argonne National Labs and learn how the creator of “grid computing” is revolutionizing AI and big data research.
- Conferences: Over the next five years, the growth in big data will be unprecedented. COMPSAC 2019 prepares industry for the data explosion.
- In Memoriam: Raymond E. 'Ray' Miller, professor emeritus at the University of Maryland, 1928-2019.
- Tech News: AI: A threat to a free press and a free society? Not in Sweden.
Inside the Computer Society
CVPR is the premier annual computer vision event comprising the main conference and several co-located workshops and short courses. With its high quality and low cost, it provides an exceptional value for students, academics and industry researchers.
Long Beach, USA
The scope of the Congress will cover all aspects of innovative services computing and applications, current and emerging. It involves various systems and networking aspects, such as cloud, edge, and Internet-of-Things (IoT), as well as other research and technologies, such as intelligent computing, ...
COMPSAC is the IEEE Computer Society's signature Conference on Computers, Software and Applications. It is one of the major international forums for academia, industry, and government to discuss research results, advancements and future trends in computer and software technologies and applications. ...
Trending from the Computer Society Digital Library
As the Netflix Prize competition has demonstrated, matrix factorization models are superior to classic nearest-neighbor techniques for producing product recommendations, allowing the incorporation of additional information such as implicit feedback, temporal effects, and confidence levels.
2019 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP)
University of Michigan
Security conscious individuals may take considerable measures to disable sensors in order to protect their privacy. However, they often overlook the cyberphysical attack surface exposed by devices that were never designed to be sensors in the first place. Our research demonstrates that the mechanica...
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
Several means for improving the performance and training of neural networks for classification are proposed. Crossvalidation is used as a tool for optimizing network parameters and architecture. It is shown that the remaining residual generalization error can be reduced by invoking ensembles of simi...