IEEE Computer Society Governance Resources
Explore documents that govern leadership activities of the Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society Governing Documents
- IEEE Computer Society Constitution – Rev. October 2012 (pdf), (html)
- IEEE Computer Society Bylaws, Rev. December 2021 (pdf), (html)
The amendment would change the first editor in chief (EIC) term from three years to two years. The Publications Board is proposing the change out of concern that the five-year EIC term may be too long and is contributing to volunteer burnout and discouraging potential EIC applicants. The first term was changed to a three-year term from a two-year term a few years ago. The rationale was to give EICs more time to develop and execute their vision. But the experience has indicated that the longer commitment may be an impediment.
- IEEE Computer Society Policies & Procedures Manual (PPM) – Rev. October 2022 (pdf)
IEEE Computer Society Operations Handbooks
- Finance Committee Handbook (pdf)
- Members and Geographic Activities Board Handbook (pdf)
- T&C Board Handbook
- Technical Meetings Handbook
Board of Governors Meetings and Resources
- View upcoming scheduled meetings, past meeting notes, and information on expense reports.
IEEE Computer Society Brand Guide
- View our basic usage guidelines for IEEE Computer Society branding and how to utilize them to create consistent communications.
- IEEE volunteers and staff are invited to utilize the IEEE Computer Society Meeting Center at the Los Alamitos, CA office for any upcoming or recurring meetings. Learn more about meeting spaces and how to reserve one.
- Sign In