IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management. Read more about TSC
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the March/April 2017 issue
Energy Efficient Scheduling and Management for Large-Scale Services Computing Systems
By Ying Chen, Chuang Lin, Jiwei Huang, Xudong Xiang, and Xuemin (Sherman) Shen
With the increasing popularity of services published online, energy consumption of services computing systems is growing dramatically. Besides Quality of Service (QoS), energy efficiency has become an important issue and drawn significant attention. However, energy efficient request scheduling and service management for large-scale services computing systems face challenges because of the high dynamics and unpredictability of request arrivals. In this paper, we jointly consider the conflicting metrics of performance, queue congestion and energy consumption. We propose a distributed online scheduling and management algorithm which does not require any priori statistical knowledge of request arrivals. Mathematical analysis is conducted which demonstrates that our algorithm can achieve arbitrary tradeoff between performance and energy efficiency. Numerical and real trace data based experiments are carried out to validate the effectiveness of our algorithm in optimizing energy efficiency while stabilizing the system.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that James Joshi, a professor in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, USA, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing starting in 2017.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- Editorial: A Message from the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan/Feb 2017)
- Serving the Services Computing Community (Jan/Feb 2017)
- Editorial: Services Computing in 2016 (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Editorial: Service Computing in 2015 (Jan/Feb 2015)
- Editorial: Service Computing in the Next Seven Years (Oct-Dec 2014)
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Advances in Web Services Research (Jan/Feb 2017)
- Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems and Services (March/April 2016)
- Special Issue on Big Data Analytics, Infrastructure, and Applications (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Recommendation Techniques for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (May/June 2015)
- Emerging Web Services (May/June 2015)
- Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (July-Sept 2014)
- Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing for Big Data Applications (PDF)
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2017.
- Special Issue on Fog Computing and Services (PDF)
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017.
Access Recently Published TSC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection Newsletter.