IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management. Read more about TSC
From the July/August 2016 issue
An Integrated Semantic Web Service Discovery and Composition Framework
By Pablo Rodriguez-Mier, Carlos Pedrinaci, Manuel Lama, and Manuel Mucientes
In this paper we present a theoretical analysis of graph-based service composition in terms of its dependency with service discovery. Driven by this analysis we define a composition framework by means of integration with fine-grained I/O service discovery that enables the generation of a graph-based composition which contains the set of services that are semantically relevant for an input-output request. The proposed framework also includes an optimal composition search algorithm to extract the best composition from the graph minimising the length and the number of services, and different graph optimisations to improve the scalability of the system. A practical implementation used for the empirical analysis is also provided. This analysis proves the scalability and flexibility of our proposal and provides insights on how integrated composition systems can be designed in order to achieve good performance in real scenarios for the web.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that James Joshi, a professor in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, USA, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing starting in 2017.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- Editorial: Services Computing in 2016 (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Editorial: Service Computing in 2015 (Jan/Feb 2015)
- Editorial: Service Computing in the Next Seven Years (Oct-Dec 2014)
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems and Services (March/April 2016)
- Special Issue on Big Data Analytics, Infrastructure, and Applications (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Recommendation Techniques for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (May/June 2015)
- Emerging Web Services (May/June 2015)
- Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (July-Sept 2014)
- Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Fog Computing and Services (PDF)
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017.
Access Recently Published TSC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection Newsletter.