IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI) is a scholarly archival journal published monthly. This journal covers traditional areas of computer vision and image understanding, all traditional areas of pattern analysis and recognition, and selected areas of machine intelligence. Read the full scope of TPAMI.
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the February 2018 issue
Watch-n-Patch: Unsupervised Learning of Actions and Relations
By Chenxia Wu, Jiemi Zhang, Ozan Sener, Bart Selman, Silvio Savarese, and Ashutosh Saxena
There is a large variation in the activities that humans perform in their everyday lives. We consider modeling these composite human activities which comprises multiple basic level actions in a completely unsupervised setting. Our model learns high-level co-occurrence and temporal relations between the actions. We consider the video as a sequence of short-term action clips, which contains human-words and object-words. An activity is about a set of action-topics and object-topics indicating which actions are present and which objects are interacting with. We then propose a new probabilistic model relating the words and the topics. It allows us to model long-range action relations that commonly exist in the composite activities, which is challenging in previous works. We apply our model to the unsupervised action segmentation and clustering, and to a novel application that detects forgotten actions, which we call action patching. For evaluation, we contribute a new challenging RGB-D activity video dataset recorded by the new Kinect v2, which contains several human daily activities as compositions of multiple actions interacting with different objects. Moreover, we develop a robotic system that watches and reminds people using our action patching algorithm. Our robotic setup can be easily deployed on any assistive robots.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Sven Dickinson, a professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto, Canada, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence starting in 2017.
- According to Clarivate Analytics' 2016 Journal Citation Report, TPAMI has an impact factor of 8.329.
- Incoming EIC Editorial (Jan 2017)
- State of the Journal (Jan 2017)
- State of the Journal (Feb 2016)
- State of the Journal (Jan 2015)
- Editor's Note (June 2013)
- Farewall State of the Journal (Jan 2013)
- Editor's Note (Jan 2013)
- Editor's Note (May 2012)
- Editor's Note (February 2012)
- State of the Journal (January 2012)
- Best of CVPR 2015 (April 2017)
- Special Issue on Multimodal Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis (August 2016)
- Special Section on CVPR 2014 (July 2016)
- Special Section on CVPR 2013 (April 2016)
- Special Issue on Higher Order Graphical Models in Computer Vision (July 2015)
- Special Issue on Bayesian Nonparametrics (Feb 2015)
- TPAMI CVPR Special Section (Dec 2013)
- Special Section on Learning Deep Architectures (Aug 2013)
- In Memoriam: Mark Everingham (Nov 2012)
- Introduction to the Special Section on IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (September 2012)
Access recently published TPAMI articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of recently published TPAMI content
Sign up for e-mail notifications through IEEE Xplore Content Alerts
View TPAMI preprints in the Computer Society Digital Library