IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI) is a scholarly archival journal published monthly. This journal covers traditional areas of computer vision and image understanding, all traditional areas of pattern analysis and recognition, and selected areas of machine intelligence. Read the full scope of TPAMI.
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the November 2016 issue
Analysing Domain Shift Factors between Videos and Images for Object Detection
By Vicky Kalogeiton, Vittorio Ferrari, and Cordelia Schmid
Object detection is one of the most important challenges in computer vision. Object detectors are usually trained on bounding-boxes from still images. Recently, video has been used as an alternative source of data. Yet, for a given test domain (image or video), the performance of the detector depends on the domain it was trained on. In this paper, we examine the reasons behind this performance gap. We define and evaluate different domain shift factors: spatial location accuracy, appearance diversity, image quality and aspect distribution. We examine the impact of these factors by comparing performance before and after factoring them out. The results show that all four factors affect the performance of the detectors and their combined effect explains nearly the whole performance gap.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Sven Dickinson, a professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto, Canada, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence starting in 2017.
- According to Thomson Reuters' 2013 Journal Citation Report, TPAMI has an impact factor of 5.694.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- TPAMI Essential Set now available
- State of the Journal (Feb 2016)
- State of the Journal (Jan 2015)
- Editor's Note (June 2013)
- Farewall State of the Journal (Jan 2013)
- Editor's Note (Jan 2013)
- Editor's Note (May 2012)
- Editor's Note (February 2012)
- State of the Journal (January 2012)
- Special Issue on Multimodal Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis (August 2016)
- Special Section on CVPR 2014 (July 2016)
- Special Section on CVPR 2013 (April 2016)
- Special Issue on Higher Order Graphical Models in Computer Vision (July 2015)
- Special Issue on Bayesian Nonparametrics (Feb 2015)
- TPAMI CVPR Special Section (Dec 2013)
- Special Section on Learning Deep Architectures (Aug 2013)
- In Memoriam: Mark Everingham (Nov 2012)
- Introduction to the Special Section on IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (September 2012)
Access recently published TPAMI articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TPAMI content added to the digital library
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.