IEEE Computer Society to Honor 10 Prominent Technologists for Their Accomplishments
- Jan Camenisch, research staff member and project leader at IBM Research-Zurich;
- Virgil D. Gligor, a Carnegie Mellon University electrical and computing engineering professor and co-director of the University's CyLab;
- Kian-Lee Tan, a professor of computer science at the National University of Singapore;
- Eva Tardos, Jacob Gould Schurman Professor of Computer Science and senior associate dean of Computing and Information Science at Cornell University; and
- Philip S. Yu, a professor and Wexler Chair in computer science at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading membership organization for professionals in all aspects of modern computing – from cloud to big data, security to mobile, robotics to software defined systems, wearables to IoT. A true community for technology leaders, Computer Society provides resources to keep its members current in technology and moving forward in their professions – publications, a renowned digital library, a vast program of conferences, technical committees, and much more. The Computer Society also serves the profession at large through establishment of standards, professional qualifications and certifications, training and education programs, events on leading-edge technologies, conference publishing, and a wealth of other services and programs focused on advancing the science and art of computing. More information on IEEE Computer Society can be found at www.computer.org.