The Computer Society PEAB is involved in two major areas of activity in the Curriculum area:
- Undergraduate accreditation in computing and engineering.
- Development and maintenance of curricular volumes in existing and emerging disciplines.
With regard to accreditation, the Computer Society is one of two member societies within CSAB, the organization that provides operational support for computing accreditation by appointing and training program evaluators, and is responsible for the Program Criteria used to accredit the various computing programs.
With regard to the various curricular volumes in undergraduate computing education, the Computer Society has participated in each of the following:
- CC2005 – Computing Curricula
- SE2014 – Software Engineering
- CS2013 – Computer Science
- CE2016 – Computer Engineering
- IT2017 – Information Technology
- CSEC2017 – Cybersecurity
In addition, the Computer Society will be participating in an effort to develop a curricular volume for Data Science.