2022 Top Call for Participation Opportunities
Last Updated: 21 September 2022
The computing field is growing and evolving at a rapid rate. As a leader, you can contribute your knowledge to make that impact happen in the best way possible!
SEARCH 2023 CALLS FOR PARTICIPATION
Calls for participation are an opportunity to contribute to the Computer Society’s mission of being a leading provider of technical information, community services, and personalized services to an international community of computing professionals.
Participating in these activities helps the industry in countless ways, including inspiring the next generation of computing professionals. This page is updated regularly throughout the year, so be sure to bookmark this page and come back regularly.
Explore our current calls for participation.
Calls For Participation | Calls For Papers | Additional Events & Resources
ABOUT IEEE SA OPEN
IEEE SA OPEN is a comprehensive open source development platform by IEEE Standards Activities, combining the power of open source development tools with IEEE’s unparalleled member network, technical expertise, and resources to accelerate technical advances and marketplace innovation.
Access to IEEE SA OPEN is easy and free with an IEEE Account.
Open and free to IEEE members, societies, standards working groups, university faculty and students, industry, startups, and open source developers, IEEE SA OPEN provides a space for innovators to develop advanced technologies with the global open source community.
Employing a customized platform with proven, stable, and easy-to-use GitLab software and Mattermost team collaboration and messaging, IEEE SA OPEN provides the ability to create, test, manage, and deploy innovative projects in a collaborative, safe, and responsible environment.
IEEE SA OPEN provides infrastructure for open software, open hardware, and open data projects with:
- Community management
- DevOp infrastructure
- Philanthropic fund opportunities
LEARN MORE about standards activities at the IEEE Computer Society
Calls for Participation
IEEE SA’s Serious Open Source for the Benefit of Humanity Event (SOSH)
This event will focus on the practice, development, and implementation of Open Source software, hardware, data, and research related to the mission of IEEE to “advance technology for the benefit of humanity.” We will also discuss the IEEE SA Open platform and initiative and highlight collaborations across the broad Open Source community to support this mission.
- Free Open Source Software (FOSS) Solutions for Global Issues, including Health, Climate Change, Supply Chain, Open Access, and Gender Equality.
- Case studies of IEEE (and other) standards that use Open Source.
- The IEEE SA Open platform and governance – innovations and advantages.
- Industry Practices and Open Source Journeys: Talks on how industries have become involved in open source and the resulting benefits.
- Present and future initiatives to be supported by IEEE SA Open.
- IEEE SA Open value proposition for industry and alignment within the global open source community.
- The role of Open Source Program Offices in companies, non-profits, and governments in promoting effective use of Open Source technologies.
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2022
Location: Santa Clara Marriot in Santa Clara, USA
IEEE P3187™, Guide for Framework for Trustworthy Federated Machine Learning
IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) invites you to participate in the Working Group for IEEE P3187™, Guide for Framework for Trustworthy Federated Machine Learning.
WHY GET INVOLVED
This guide provides a reference framework for trustworthy Federated Machine Learning. The document provides guidance with respect to provable security for data and models, optimized model utility, controllable communication and computational complexity, explainable decision making and supervised processes. It describes three main aspects:
- Principles for trustworthy Federated Machine Learning
- Requirements for different roles in trustworthy Federated Machine Learning
- Techniques to realize trustworthy Federated Machine Learning
The purpose of this guide is to provide credible, practical and controllable solution guidance for Federated Machine Learning and other privacy computing applications.
Indicate your interest in this working group to receive ballot invitations and other notifications about the project.
For additional information, contact the IEEE P1149.1™ Working Group Chair, Zuping Wu, at email@example.com or the IEEE SA Program Manager, Christy Bahn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ethernet & IP @ Automotive Technology Day
IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) invites you to participate in the Working Group for IEEE P1149.1™, Standard for Test Access Port and Boundary-Scan Architecture.
The 2022 IEEE SA Ethernet & IP @ Automotive Technology Day (E&IP@ATD) is the premier venue for automobile manufacturers, suppliers, semiconductor vendors, tool providers, engineers, scientists, educators, and the media to share groundbreaking ideas along with implementation strategies and applications related to Automotive Ethernet Systems. Attendees will receive and share information and actively participate in the latest developments in shaping Automotive Ethernet into a globally deployed, volume car automotive network.
Presentations will provide insights into the developments, trends, and solutions in the following topics:
- Current automotive use-cases and future perspectives
- Ethernet’s role in facilitating cloud connectivity
- Ethernet network design and specification
- Ethernet requirements for automated driving applications
- Safety, security, and reliability of Ethernet communications
- Markets and Strategies
- Tools and tests methods
- Present and future physical layer and protocol solutions
Date: 9-10 November 2022
Location: Yokohama, Japan