Call for Nominations: TCLT Early Career Researcher Award
The IEEE Technical Community on Learning Technology (TCLT) Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies is recognizing a researcher who is in their early career stage, has conducted high-quality research results, and produced and disseminated outcomes worldwide.
Nominees must not have received their doctoral degree more than 5 years ago.
- Must be an active IEEE Computer Society member and an active IEEE TCLT member at the time of the nomination and during the upcoming ICALT conference when receiving the Award. Participating member of IEEE TCLT is free (join here if not already a member).
- Must be in their early career stage – less than 5 years after receiving doctoral degree, at the time of nomination.
Nomination package submission deadline: 9 January 2022
Winner Notification: 31 January 2022
- Nomination can only be made by an ACTIVE IEEE Computer Society Member who is also a TCLT participating member. The nomination should be sent to TCLT Chair directly via email.
- NOTE: Both nominator and nominee need to sign in at https://www.ieee.org/ and then click your name (at the top right-hand side just beside the Sign Out link). You can then choose to “View Membership and Subscription Information” and print the page to a PDF file to attach to your nomination package email. On the page, you should be able to see your IEEE Computer Society Membership is active and your IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on Learning Technology membership is active. TCLT participating members can be free to join at https://tinyurl.com/joinieeetclt.
- Please send the nomination package directly via email to the TCLT Vice-Chair for Award & Early Career Professional, Andreas Lingnau, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award 2021 Fall Nomination“.
- TCLT Awards/Recognition Committee will assess the nominations and select suitable awardees by voting.
In the nomination package, it would be necessary to include the justifications and required documents as evidence for all of the following selection criteria:
- Research quality and impact
- Publication quality and influence
- Community service
- Proof of being active IEEE Computer Society Member and IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on Learning Technology member
- Nomination form for IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies. The nomination form can be downloaded HERE.
- THREE representative publications.
- Other necessary supporting documents.
- The winner will receive an IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies Certificate in the same year’s ICALT conference.
- The winner’s name will be announced on the IEEE TCLT website.
- The winner will be invited to give a talk in ICALT or T4E within the next FIVE years after he or she receives the award.