Nominal duration: Self-paced Learning – Approximate Time: 6 hours
Professional Development Hours (PDH) : 6
Continuing Education Credits (CEU) : 0.6
Learning Objectives: Learning objectives for the Software Engineering Management Course.
1. Execute a complete requirements negotiation process.
2. Perform a comprehensive feasibility analysis.
3. Lead a software project planning process, to include determining deliverables; effort, schedule and cost estimation; resource allocation; risk management; quality and plan management.
4. Apply the principles and processes of software engineering project enactment.
5. Perform software project reviews and evaluations according to best practices.
6. Illustrate by example software project closure activities.
7. Employ software engineering measurement processes.
8. Utilize software engineering management tools.
1. Initiation and Scope Definition
1.1. Determination and Negotiation of Requirements
1.2. Feasibility Analysis
1.3. Process for the Review and Revision of Requirements
2. Software Project Planning
2.1. Process Planning
2.2. Determine Deliverables
2.3. Effort, Schedule, and Cost Estimation
2.4. Resource Allocation
2.5. Risk Management
2.6. Quality Management
2.7. Plan management
3. Software Project Enactment
3.1. Implementation of Plans
3.2. Software Acquisition and Supplier Contract Management
3.3. Implementation of Measurement Process
3.4. Monitor Process
3.5. Control Process
4. Review and Evaluation
4.1. Determining Satisfaction of Requirements
4.2. Reviewing and Evaluating Performance
5.1. Determining Closure
5.2. Closure Activities
6. Software Engineering Measurement
6.1. Establish and Sustain Measurement Commitment
6.2. Plan the Measurement Process
6.3. Perform the Measurement Process
6.4. Evaluate Measurement
7. Software Engineering Management Tools