Nominal duration: Self-paced Learning – Approximate Time: 5 hours
Professional Development Hours (PDH) : 5
Continuing Education Credits (CEU) : 0.5
Learning Objectives: Learning objectives for the Software Engineering Economics.
1. Understand and be able to apply the key software engineering economic fundamentals to real-world software economic issues.
2. Illustrate through example the key software life cycle economics, including product and process life cycles; portfolios; proposals; investment decisions; pricing and costing, and earned value management (EVM).
3. Apply the concepts of risk and uncertainty to realworld software development projects, including goals; estimates; prioritization and decision making.
4. Perform best-practice economic analysis methods.
5. Relate and interpret the “good-enough” principle; friction-free economy; ecosystems and outsourcing