Los Alamitos, Calif., 12 July 2017 – The IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS) announces the 2018 launch of a new publication, Letters of the Computer Society (LOCS) and seeks applicants for the position of its first editor in chief (EIC).
LOCS is a rigorously peer-reviewed forum for rapid publication of brief articles describing high-impact results in all areas of interest to the IEEE-CS.
LOCS topics include, but are not limited to:
- software engineering and design;
- information technology;
- software for IoT, embedded, and cyberphysical systems;
- cybersecurity and secure computing;
- autonomous systems;
- machine intelligence;
- parallel and distributed software and algorithms;
- programming environments and languages;
- computer graphics and visualization;
- services computing;
- databases and data-intensive computing;
- cloud computing and enterprise systems;s
- hardware and software test technology
The IEEE-CS seeks applicants for the position of editor-in-chief of the LCOS, serving a three-year term starting 1 January 2018. Prospective candidates are to provide a complete curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication’s future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer (as PDF files) by 19 July 2017 (extended). For more information on the search process, and to submit application materials, click here or contact: Kimberly Sperka, email@example.com.
IEEE-CS publishes and cosponsors a variety of high quality, peer-reviewed, scholarly journals representing the best in all aspects of computer science, computer engineering, technology, and applications. Many IEEE-CS publications are consistently among the world’s most frequently cited scholarship.