- Submissions Due: 31 May 2022
- Initial Notifications: 19 July 2022
- Revision Due: 2 August 2022
- Final Notifications: 6 September 2022
- Final Versions Due: 20 September 2022
Publication: November/December 2022
There is great value in papers about computing systems and platforms developed by industry that apply or combine novel ideas. Such papers are unlikely to be accepted by conferences in the current reviewing ecosystem, since they are so different. Retrospective industrial product papers remain valuable complements to academic research papers. Hence, we have a special issue for commercial products. Here are the guidelines for this special issue:
- The papers ideally include (1) retrospective evaluations of real working products, (2) upcoming industry products on their roadmaps, and/or (3) planned products that were canceled but present interesting insights or lessons learned.
- The following types of submissions will not be considered: (1) students’ short-term internship projects in industries, or (2) speculation about hardware that might be built.
- The first and most of the authors of such papers must work in industry. This target is not intended for projects in which a student intern spends a summer in industry or a faculty member spends a sabbatical and writes a paper about it.
Papers that don’t match the above guidelines will be rejected without review.
For author information and guidelines on submission criteria, please visit IEEE Micro‘s Author Information page. Please submit papers through the ScholarOne system, and be sure to select the special-issue name. Manuscripts should not be published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please submit only full papers intended for review, not abstracts, to the ScholarOne portal.
Please contact the guest editors at email@example.com.
Lisa Hsu, Microsoft, USA