Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
TCMC ChairMei-Ling Shyu
University of Miami
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1251 Memorial Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
- TCMC has received an "excellent" vitality rating for 6 years in a row!
- The TCMC meeting was held in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME'18) in San Diego, CA, USA on July 25, 2018.
- The 18th IEEE International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE'18), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Taichung, Taiwan, October 29-31, 2018.
- The IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC' 18), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, October 1-4, 2018.
- The Forth IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM'18), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Xi'an, China, September 13-16, 2018.
- The First IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR'18), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Miami, Florida, USA, April 10-12, 2018.