How can I nominate someone for a Computer Society Award?
- You may nominate someone by visiting our nomination site and filling out an Awards Nomination Application. Self-nominations are not accepted.
I have submitted a nomination. How can I add more endorsers?
- Send endorsers' names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will add them to your nomination and the system will create an invitation link to be sent to the new endorsers.
Is there a limit on the number of endorsers per nomination?
- No, there is not a limit to the number of endorsers.
How long should the endorsement or supporting letter be?
- There is no word limit for an endorsement or supporting letter. However, we encourage endorsers to submit a strong and convincing statement.
How do we submit the letters of recommendation /endorsement if we have hard copies?
- Letters can be scanned and uploaded as attachments to the nomination.
I submitted a nomination, but I have not received the results. Who should I contact to find out status? Do nominators get notification at all?
- Only the award winner will receive an award notification letter from the Society President. Nominators are not notified of the outcome. For specific questions about a nomination, please write to email@example.com. You may also find the latest award winners by visiting the awards page and look under the past award recipient list.
Where can I get a list of all Computer Society Awards and deadlines?
- You may find a complete list of all awards and deadlines at www.comptuer.org/web/awards/nominate
I am interested in promoting our technical award on your website, who should I contact for this?
- Submit your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Awards Handbook?
- The Awards Handbook describes in detail procedures for the solicitation, review, and selection of nominees for each award will be set forth. This handbook will be the primary means of ensuring appropriate quality and continuity in the operation of the several awards subcommittees.
Where can I find the Awards Handbook?
- You may find the most recent Awards Handbook from the Awards Homepage. Awards Handbook
What is the function of the Awards Committee and who are its members?
- The Awards Committee is responsible for preserving the integrity of the evaluation and selection process, assuring that the process is both open and rigorous, and that the process contributes to the prestige of the Society and the award recipients. The awards committee list can be found here.
Where do I find a list of past recipients?
- You may find a list of past recipients in the Recipients dropdown from each awards page.
I received a Computer Society Award, but my name is missing from the past recipients list, who should I contact?
- Write to email@example.com with your concerns.
I recently received a Computer Society Award, where can I find a press release on that?
- You will find a press release on your award in our Press Room.
I just won a CS award and my university / company public relations office wants do a press release on my award, who should I contact for that?
- Contact Marketing Communications Manager, Katherine Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get a copy of the Awards brochure?
- Yes, the most recent awards brochure will be posted online in pdf version and accessible to the public for downloads.
I just attended the Computer Society Annual Awards Ceremony. Is there a page to view the event photos?
- The most recent Awards Ceremony photos will be available in our CS Flickr account.
In which format can I view the Computer Society awards videos?
- The awards videos are in Flash and Windows Media formats.
Can I download the videos?
- Yes, most videos are provided as downloads.
Are there any copyright restrictions to the use of texts and graphics from the Computer Society website?
- To all questions regarding copyright, please submit your request to email@example.com.
I have a question that is not in this FAQs page, who should I contact?
- Send your award inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.