LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 27 January 2017 — Tony Jebara, Director of Machine Learning at Netflix, has been added as a speaker at TechIgnite: The Truth Behind Technology, a 2-day exclusive event featuring over 30 leading tech industry experts, scheduled for 21–22 March in Burlingame.
Jebara will be speaking on the topic of “Machine Learning for Recommendation and Personalization” and will discuss Netflix’s challenges for customer predictions and reveal how they accomplished this task through statistically-principled exploration and optimization of both user engagement and retention.
The director of machine learning research at Netflix, Jebara is also a sabbatical professor at Columbia University, and serves as general chair of the 2017 International Conference on Machine Learning. He has published over 100 scientific articles in the field of machine learning and has received several best paper awards, and has co-founded and advised multiple startups.
TechIgnite’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence track also includes industry headliners such as Danny Lange, Vice President of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Unity Technologies, “Bringing Machine Learning to Every Corner of your Business”; Richard Socher, Chief Scientist, Salesforce, “Artificial Intelligence: The Frontiers in Enterprise Applications”; Matt Denesuk, Chief Data Science Officer, noodle.ai, “Avoiding Critical Mistakes in Software Defined Machines”; and Peter Ungaro, Chief Executive Officer, Cray, “The Convergence of Supercomputing and Big Data”.
IEEE Computer Society’s TechIgnite 2-day event features over 30 leading technology experts, covers topics including Artificial Intelligence, Adaptive Cybersecurity, Quantum Computing, Virtual Reality; Blockchain, and Operational Intelligence; and offers innovative exhibits, demonstrations, networking opportunities and insider insights from ground-breaking tech giants such as Steve Wozniak and Grady Booch.
Additional technology leaders who will be presenting at TechIgnite include:
- John Martinis, Research Scientist, Quantum Computing – Google
- Sky Matthews, Chief Technology Officer IoT – IBM
- Annette Bruls, Vice President and President – Medtronic
- Eric Romo, Chief Executive Officer – AltspaceVR
- Bill Ruh, Vice President & Global Technical Director
- Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy, Technical Fellow & Chief Data Scientist – Halliburton
- Steven Bay, Chief Information Security Officer – NuVasive
- Constantine Polychronopoulos, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President – VMWare
- Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer – Teradata