- Submission Deadline: 13 March 2024
- Publication: September/October 2024
In today’s world, Digital Transformation is requisite for all businesses, regardless of small or enterprise. Digital transformation is a broad-ranging subject, furthermore, it covers an aggregate of various sorts of initiatives such as changing the way of how a business interacts or communicates with its customers, workforce using technology, and employing modern technologies to enhance internal processes, by creating them more efficiently. There is no doubt that modern technology goes hand-in-hand with digital transformation and supports a business’s value-oriented actions. Therefore, technologies such as cloud, Internet of Things, Digital Twin, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, Additive manufacturing, Mobile, and Big data are the most commonly used for businesses. These technologies enable organizations to perform countless operations fast, productively, and efficiently, such as real-time analytics, innovations, automation, flexibility, generating new insights, meeting customer demands, and decreasing downtime and cost reductions.
Technologies and tools of big data such as processing engines, storage repositories, NoSQL databases, SQL query engines, data lake and data warehouse platforms, and others are transforming the conventional processes of businesses. However, in particular, Big data and Artificial Intelligence have been emerging as a critical role in mastering digital transformation in businesses and helping to remain competitive in an increasingly evolving digital world. Big data analytics allows firms to have granular data regarding discrete or different groups of consumers. It also enables the collection of the correct data, improves operations, better consumer insights, agile supply chain management, more insightful market intelligence, data-driven innovation, real-time analytics applications, mitigating potential logistics risks, developing personalization, analyzing patterns, fraud prevention, and cybersecurity protections, and many more. AI processes are employed in natural systems in an immense variety of sectors such as IT security, customer service, decision support and business operations, accounting, and finance, human resources, tailoring promotions, anticipating future customer purchases, eliminating data issues. Therefore, AI and big data technology have been profoundly influencing business organizations for mastering digital transformation. In this context, this special issue intends to explore the significance of big data and Artificial Intelligence for mastering digital transformation in business. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Role of AI, big data, and IoT for digital transformation in business
- Influence of big data and machine learning on digital transformation in marketing
- Role of big data and AI for digital supply chain
- AI and big data for the future of digital transformation
- Business Intelligence and digital transformation in business
- AI-powered big data for business in the digital era
- Industrial applications of big data and artificial intelligence for business
- Blockchain and AI for SME’s in evolving digital era
- Innovations of AI and big data analytics for digital transformation
- AI-based business strategies for a post-covid-19 era
- Enhancing the future of digital transformation with innovative digital technologies
- AI and big data for data-driven enterprises
- Emerging challenges and risks of AI in digital transformation
- IoT and AI as a driver of digital transformation
Only submissions that describe previously unpublished, Contemporary research and practice that are not currently under review by a conference or another journal will be considered. Extended versions of conference papers must be at least 30 percent different from the original conference works. Feature articles should be no longer than 4,200 words and have no more than 20 references (with tables and figures counting as 300 words each). Articles should be understandable by a broad audience of computer science and engineering professionals, avoiding unnecessary theory, mathematics, jargon, or abstract concepts. For author guidelines, see the Author Information page.
All manuscripts must be submitted to ScholarOne Manuscripts by the deadline, making sure that the specific Special Issue is selected in order to be considered for publication under this Call for Papers. Submissions are subject to peer review on both technical merit and relevance to IT Professional’s readership.
The use of artificial intelligence (AI)–generated text in an article should be disclosed in the acknowledgements section, while the sections of the paper that present AI-generated text verbatim should be quoted within quotation marks and provide a citation to the AI system used to generate the text.
IT Professional magazine is a hybrid publication, allowing either traditional manuscript submission or author-paid Open Access manuscript submission.
Contact the guest editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Editorial Board Member: Nir Kshetri, University of North Carolina Greenville, USA
- Jia-Bao Liu, Anhui Jianzhu University, China
- Muhammad Javaid, University of Management and Technology, Pakistan
- Mohammad Reza Farahani, Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran