Submission deadline: CLOSED
Notification of acceptance: 15 December 2019
Publication: March/April 2020
Awareness to a situation is an integral ingredient in human information synthesis. This serves as stimulus to human in the process of decision making. The awareness levels pertaining to a contextual space have a direct implication in determining the accuracy of decision making process. Being contextual in nature, situation awareness is time and space bound and it provides a clear perception of the various elements pertaining to the environment under study, which in turn drive the outcome toward decision making. Human-computer interaction (HCI) is an evolving research area which focuses on the various interactions of humans and machines. HCI spans across multiple domains like artificial intelligence, computer vision, image and multimedia analysis and study, and cognitive and behavioral sciences. The primary objective of intelligent HCI is to make the computer smarter by imparting sufficient knowledge about the environment where it is deployed and thereby reducing the human intervention aspect toward decision making. This enables the development of high-end computers which are context aware and smart in making decisions with reference to context. Situation awareness of an intelligent HCI solution goes about a great extent in determining the success and application of the solution across real-world environments.
This special issue on situation awareness in intelligent HCI is focused on drawing recent and original research works carried out toward advances in intelligent HCI and enhancing situation awareness from an artificial intelligence (AI) perspective. Submissions should have strong contribution toward AI and intelligent HCI. Topics of interest include but are not restricted to:
- Intelligent algorithms for time-critical decision making
- Intelligent systems for multimedia analysis in situation awareness
- Computer vision and video analytics for situation awareness using AI
- Enhancements in intelligent HCI design
- AI-based smart agents for smart solutions in critical situations
- Context-aware computing for situation awareness
- Context-aware intelligent HCI for situation awareness
- Novel intelligent algorithms, approaches, and methodologies in HCI for situation awareness
- Situation-aware AI-based systems
- Situation-aware intelligent decision making
- Pattern recognition and automated knowledge discovery in intelligent HCI for situation awareness
- Context-based situation awareness and time-critical decision making using AI
The word limit of submissions is between 3,000 and 5,400 words (counting a standard figure or table as 200 words each) and should follow IEEE Intelligent Systems style and presentation guidelines (www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/ex/write-for-us/14365). All submissions will be peer-reviewed following standard journal practices. The manuscripts cannot have been published or be currently submitted for publication elsewhere.
We strongly encourage submissions that include audio, video, and community content, which will be featured on the IEEE Computer Society website along with the accepted papers.
Please submit your article using the online manuscript submission service at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cs-ieee. When uploading your article, select the appropriate special-issue title under the category “Manuscript Type.” Also include complete contact information for all authors. If you have any questions about submitting your article, contact the peer review coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission: 15 July 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 15 December 2019
- Publication: March/April 2020
Wei Wei (email@example.com) Xi’an University of Technology, China
Jinsong Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org) Universidad de Chile, Chile
Chunsheng Zhu (email@example.com) University of British Columbia, Canada
Contact Wei Wei at firstname.lastname@example.org