TVCG Conference Partners
TVCG has established, since 2011, a tradition of collaboration with partner conferences to provide the TVCG authors with opportunities to present their recent, accepted TVCG papers that have not presented in any other venue. These TVCG sessions at its partner conferences are designed to highlight selected TVCG articles as a mean to allow TVCG authors further showcase their work through oral presentations and to also encourage more scientific exchanges among researchers at these conferences.
The list of TVCG partner conferences in visualization, computer graphics, augmented and virtual reality include:
- IEEE VIS, including SciVis, InfoVis, and VAST
- IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (IEEE VR)
- IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR)
- ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D)
- IEEE Pacific Visualization Conference (IEEE PacVis)
- ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA)
- Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP)
- Pacific Graphics Conference (PG)
- Eurovis – Eurographics/VGTC Conference on Visualization
- Graphics Interfaces (GI)
- Geometric Modeling and Processing Conference (GMP)
- ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Motion, Interaction and Games (MIG)
- Shape Modeling International (SMI)
- International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization (GD)
The selected TVCG authors will still have to register and pay for the conference attendance. Also note that the work will only appear in TVCG, not in the conference proceedings (but will be included in the conference program). Since one of the main objectives is to provide TVCG authors an opportunity to speak and interact with the readers of their work in person, the conferences will only consider oral presentations of the TVCG papers that have the appropriate thematic nature for the conference attendees and have not already been presented at any conference(s) earlier. The final confirmation of the oral presentation, including exact time and date, will be determined by the conference program/paper chairs.
The authors interested in speaking at one of these venues need to send the TVCG manuscript number, title, abstract, and the author list of their upcoming TVCG paper(s) as follows:
- For all graphics conferences (ACM I3D, ACM/EG SCA, PG, SGP, GI, GMP, and SMI), send to AEIC Tao Ju.
- For all visualization conferences (GD, IEEE PacVis, Eurovis and IEEE VIS (Vis, InfoVis, VAST)), send to AEIC Han-Wei Shen.
- For all virtual and augmented reality conferences (IEEE VR and ISMAR), send to AEIC Doug Bowman.
If the Program Co-Chairs of these conferences feel that a TVCG paper is suitable for the themes of the conference, they will coordinate with the corresponding TVCG AEIC, and contact the authors soon to register for the conference of their choice to present their work at the appropriate venue. Authors may also express multiple choices with preferences.
This arrangement provides a unique opportunity for the audience at TVCG partner conferences to keep abreast of high-quality graphics and visualization research featured in TVCG, while encouraging more TVCG authors to attend these conferences. This closely coupled relationship between TVCG and its partner conferences has led to a more timely exchange of new ideas, to a rapid dissemination of recent TVCG publications via an integrated forum for both publications and presentations, and to further expand and grow our community.
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics