Classes may be ending, but learning never stops.
Summer is the time to tune up your skills, take courses that matter, and invest in your independent learning. It will boost your skillset, resume, and confidence – all while keeping you busy and your brain sharp.
At the IEEE Computer Society, we believe that there’s never a bad time to expand your knowledge… which is why we’ve compiled a list of our favorite brain-boosting Computer Society resources!
Consider any of the following bodies of knowledge, courses & certifications, webinars, or podcasts this summer, and spend yours wisely.
Build Your Career & Distinguished Lecture Webinars
IEEE Computer Society webinars cover a variety of topics, from career growth to professional skills, to Computer Arithmetic and beyond. Explore each of the FREE webinar series below, and determine which is the best fit for you – or take advantage of both!
- Build Your Career Webinars focus on topics such as effective communication, tips for email writing, personal brand management, career transition and interviewing skills and so on.
- These FREE monthly interactive webinars on transferable business skills. Topics covered include communication and presentation skills, interviewing tips, personal branding, effective writing, tips to improve your outside-the-box thinking, and more.
- Distinguished Lecture Series features discussions on such topics as MBSE with & without Simulation, Cyber-Physical Security, Unconventional Computer Arithmetic, Quantum Internet, among some of the selected topics.
- These FREE interactive webinars through our Distinguished Visitors Program and in partnership with our Chapters and Special Technical Communities.
SE Radio Podcast
SE Radio is an educational resource that explores the range of topics that matter most in the software engineering world.
Software Engineering Radio is a podcast targeted at the professional software developer. The goal is to be a lasting educational resource, not a newscast. Three to four times per month, we publish a new episode talking to experts from the software engineering world about the full range of topics that matter to professional developers.
All SE Radio episodes feature original content; we don’t record conferences or talks given in other venues.
It is managed by the volunteers and staff of IEEE Software, a leading technical magazine for software professionals published by the IEEE Computer Society.
Education Course Catalog
Our Education Course Catalog offers a range of courses to support your career advancement, including preparation for taking the Computer Society’s certification exams.
- Associate Software Developer
- This certification recognizes candidates who have the basic knowledge required for developing software products, including a coherent, demonstrable understanding of the principles and processes involved in software requirements, design, construction, and testing.
- Professional Software Developer
- This certification demonstrates your proficiency in four key knowledge areas (software engineering requirements, design, construction, and testing), as well as two applied modules. Candidates should have at least two years of college education in computer science or equivalent in a related field and two years of relevant experience in industry.
- Professional Software Engineering Master
- This professional certification showcases your professional proficiency in 12 key knowledge areas. You must also complete two advanced applied modules. Candidates should have at least four years of college education and four years of relevant industry experience.
These programs and professional certifications are an incredible way to accelerate your career potential and growth.
The Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK Guide) describes generally accepted knowledge about software engineering. Its 15 knowledge areas (KAs) summarize basic concepts and include a reference list pointing to more detailed information.
SWEBOK V3.0 is the most recent completely revised and updated version of the internationally respected Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge. It has been developed and created by leading authorities, reviewed by professionals, and made available for public review and comment, continuing its 20-year reputation as the most authoritative, fundamental, and trusted definition of the software engineering profession.
The SWEBOK Guide:
- Characterizes the contents of the software engineering discipline
- Promotes a consistent view of software engineering worldwide
- Clarifies software engineering’s place with respect to other disciplines
- Provides a foundation for training materials and curriculum development, and
- Provides a basis for certification and licensing of software engineers.
To download your copy of SWEBOK V3.0, visit the SWEBOK V3.0 download portal.
Now is the time to expand your knowledge, and the resources at IEEE computer Society are a great place to start.
Our bodies of knowledge, courses & certifications, webinars, or podcasts will help boost your skillset, resume, and confidence – and investing in your independent learning will put you miles ahead of your fellow professionals.
Tune-up your skills and take courses that matter with the Computer Society.
For the ultimate summer experience, become a member today!