As more and more data are generated from modern biology and medicine, artificial intelligence (AI) plays a more important role in helping derive meaningful and logical conclusions in biology and medicine. Understanding the biological and medical data will help in answering important questions of life on Earth, finding solutions for global health problems, and even solving problems like drug design and disease diagnosis.
As AI becomes a hot research area, intelligent computing technology is also becoming a blooming field. In this special section, we solicit technical papers related to bioinformatics from the 2021 International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC), where only extended versions of papers presented in ICIC 2021 can be considered. All the papers included in the special section will be initially reviewed by our technical committee. Then, the authors must revise and strengthen their papers according to the review comments. After that, they need to submit their papers to TCBB‘s e-submission system for an official peer review. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Big data analytics methods for biological and medical data
- Applications using AI and big data analytics for biological and medical data
- AI methods for biological and medical data
- AI in COVID-19
- Analytical tools for biology and medicine
- Deep learning with MRI, CT, and x-ray images
- Computer-aided drug design
- Genome-wide association study (GWAS)
- Electronic health data analysis
- Analysis of biological sequences, structures, and networks
Besides original research papers, submissions of high-quality survey papers and papers on tools, systems, or applications are also welcome.
- Submission Deadline: April 20, 2022
- First Review Decision: August 15, 2022
- Final Manuscript: December 31, 2022
- Expected Publication: March 31, 2023
For author information and guidelines on submission criteria, please visit the TCBB Author Information page. Please submit papers through the ScholarOne system, and be sure to select the special-section name. Manuscripts should not be published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please submit only full papers intended for review, not abstracts, to the ScholarOne portal.
Tongji University, China
Inha University, South Korea
Kyoto University, Japan