IEEE Computer Society Team
DEADLINE EXTENDED to 7 December 2021
The IEEE Technical Community on Scalable Computing (TCSC) is a technical community within the IEEE Computer Society, aimed at fostering research and education in scalable computing with applications. The community solicits nominations for the Middle Career Researcher (MCR) Award. The award includes an award plaque that will be presented at the annual IEEE HPCC conference, along with a public citation for the award on the IEEE TCSC website.
IEEE TCSC Middle Career Researcher Award IEEE
TCSC Award for Excellence in Scalable Computing (Middle Career Researcher) recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made distinguished, influential, and ongoing yet towards long-lasting contributions in the field of scalable computing with applications. Typically the candidates are within 5 to 15 years of receiving their Ph.D. degree as of January 01 of the year of the award.
Nomination Materials for the MCR Award
A candidate must be nominated by members of the community. Nominations must be submitted via email to the selection committee chair. A nomination application (as a single PDF file) must consist of the following materials:
- Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible);
- Name/email of the nominee;
- A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award both on excellence and in relation to IEEE TCSC;
- CV of the nominee;
- Up to three support letters from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination;
Members of the selection committee cannot be nominators or referees.
Nomination Deadline: 07 December 2021
Results Notification: 15 December 2021
Award Selection Committee
- Bernady O. Apduhan, Kyushu Sangyo University, Japan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jinjun Chen (Chair), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, email@example.com
- Beniamino Di Martino, Universita’ della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Didier El Baz, LAAS-CNRS, France, email@example.com
Award & Presentation Note
Awardees will be presented with a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE TCSC in its website, newsletter, and archives.
The awards for 2021 will be presented at IEEE HPCC-2021, December 2021 in Hainan, China.