Call for Awards Nominations | Technical Community on Service Computing
The Technical Community on Service Computing (TCSVC) has two upcoming opportunities for professionals in the services computing community. The first is the inaugural year for the IEEE Open Software Services Award, and the second is a scholarship being awarded by the IEEE International Symposium on Women in Services Computing (WISC).
Continue reading below for more information on the following awards including requirements, submission packets, and important dates.
2022 1ST IEEE OPEN SOFTWARE SERVICES AWARD
The First IEEE Open Software Services Award aims to support, inspire, retain, and encourage the importance of “Open-Source Software Services Ecosystems” for services computing R&D and long-lasting impact-making efforts. All are welcome to submit applications to the Award via EasyChair in terms of factual impact-making contributions to “open-source software”, “open data”, and/or “open-source software-based API services”.
- Small-team-based contributions to “open source software”, “open data”, and/or “open-source software-based API services” with OSI approved license terms.
- Factual data showing utilization of the open-source contributions, e.g., rankings and ratings, download counts, API service invocation statistics, document citation counts, user reviews, etc.
- Availability of free access/download URLs for, e.g., public GIT repos, S3 buckets, Docker Hub images, etc.
- Documents for, e.g., consumers, developers, practitioners, researchers, etc.
- Committee members may contact the applicants for clarification on submitted materials.
Applications should be submitted to the track “IEEE Open Software Services Award” in EasyChair.
- Submissions Due: 5 June 2022
- Award Notification: 20 June 2022
- Winners will be announced on the Congress website.
- Video for the Awards Ceremony of IEEE SERVICES 2022 will be available on the YouTube Channel of the IEEE Computer Society.
- Each awarded team will receive a cash prize of USD $600 from the IEEE TCSVC.
2ND IEEE WISC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The IEEE International Symposium on Women in Services Computing (WISC) 2022 will be awarding a total of 12 scholarships, as it continues its mission to support women pursuing technical education. Candidates must be attending an accredited engineering or computer science institution. Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for the scholarships, excluding past awardees.
This scholarship started in 2021 as a cornerstone of WISC’s commitment to growing the technical community of women in services computing all over the world. The scholarship program is sponsored jointly by IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES), IEEE Technical Community on Services Computing (TCSVC), and China Computer Federation Technical Committee on Service Computing (CCF TCSC).
- Application Deadline: 15 June 2022
- Scholarship Award Notification: 7 July 2022
- Awardee announcement at the IEEE WISC: 12 July 2022
- Contact information: full name, email, phone number, and home address
- Bio (maximum 200 words)
- A personal statement; should include academic/technical interests, contributions to the community, etc. (maximum 500 words)
- Transcript(s) – All transcripts must be in English and legible. If the grading system is not easily understood, please clarify. (e.g., A grade = xx, B grade = xx, etc.)
- At least one recommendation letter (limit one page per recommendation)
- Ensure your name and email address are included in the recommendation letter, as well as your relationship to the person providing the recommendation
Completion of the IEEE SERVICES 2022 Consent and Release Form for public distribution of award acceptance speech.
Applications will only be considered if all the materials are complete and submitted to: email@example.com by the 15 June 2022 deadline.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.