IEEE Computer Society Bio-inspired Computing Special Technical Community (STC) builds up the most extensive professional and academic community in Bio-inspired Computing and enhances human lives by utilizing adaptive computing technologies inspired by biology models. This community will provide an integrative research platform for global researchers interested in Bio-inspired Computing. This would be a community of researchers from worldwide and is planned to be a long-term self-sustaining organization. The two primary goals of this STC are:
- Promote the design and implementation of Bio-inspired Computing.
- Facilitate computing that uses biology models to solve complex computing problems.
Concerning these primary goals, topics relevant to Bio-inspired Computing STC include (but are not limited to):
- Bio-inspired integration of data, information, and processes
- Autonomic, adaptive, and self-organized distributed computing
- Emerging behaviors in complex distributed systems
- Intelligent distributed problem-solving and decision making
- Swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation in distributed and intelligent applications
- Forecasting through complex system models and bio-inspired models
- Bio-inspired Complex Internet of Things
- Artificial Immune System and its Application in Computer Security
- Information security Intelligent systems