Awards to be Presented
- T&C Distinguished Service Award
This award is presented annually to an individual for outstanding and/or sustained contributions and service within T&C.
- T&C Distinguished Leadership Award
This award is presented annually to an individual for providing outstanding leadership and structure that enables the success of T&C’s mission.
- T&C Rising Star Service Award
This award is presented annually to an individual who is 10 years or less into their career (academic or industrial) and has contributed to the T&C in a meaningful way.
- T&C Diversity and Inclusion Award
This award is presented annually to an individual who has made a positive impact on Diversity & Inclusion within the T&C.
About the T&C Board
Provides leadership and structure to enable and support interactions relating to technical innovation and the exchange of technical information and services, for the benefit of providers and users of all aspects of computing technologies worldwide.
To establish Computer Society technical activities as the pre-eminent forums for innovation, information and services in current technical areas, and to extend computing technologies and applications into areas currently unexplored.
A nominee must be an IEEE Computer Society member who is currently active or is a significant past contributor to the T&C, its Technical Councils, Committees (TCs), and/or Task Forces (TFs) at the time of nomination.
- Nominator: name, membership number, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination.
- Nominee: name, membership number, address, phone number, and email address of the individual (not self nominated) for whom an award is recommended.
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the recommended award.
- Supporting statements from up to two people in addition to the nominator.
- Vitae or detailed biographical summary of the nominee.
- Submission of Nomination Package emailed, as a single PDF file attachment, to Brookes Little, Senior Manager, Communities & Technical Activities: EBLittle@computer.org
T&C Awards Selection Process
- The VP T&C appoints a T&C Awards Chair annually who serves at most two consecutive years.
- The T&C Awards Chair in consultation with the VP T&C appoints Award Selection Committee Members.
- The Committee members will follow the selection criteria for that award and submit the recommendation to the T&C Awards Chair.
- There is flexibility in the process and criteria to, e.g., move nominees to a more suitable category.
- The T&C Awards Chair will review the selection process and approve or disapprove the recommendation based on conformance with the selection process and criteria.
- The T&C Awards Chair will submit the final recommendations for approval to the T&C Chair.
- VP T&C will submit the final recommendations for approval to IEEE Computer Society.
Previous T&C Awards Winners Include
T&C Distinguished Service Award
- Ajay Gupta, 2019
- David Lomet, 2021
- William “Bill” Pitts, 2018
- Brian Summa, 2022
T&C Distinguished Leadership Award
- Frank Huebner, 2018
- Bryan Morse, 2019
- Manish Parashar, 2021
- Kang G. Shin, 2022