Nomination Deadline:15 August 2022
The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high-performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
- Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP)
- Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
- Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
- Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
- Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
- Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
Nominations: A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination application must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file and should contain the following details:
- Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
- Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
- A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
- CV of the nominee.
- Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
- Nomination Deadline: 15 August 2022
- Results Notification: 15 September 2022
Award Selection Committee:
- Ilkay Altintas, University of California San Diego, USA
- Anne Benoit, ENS Lyon, France
- Barbara Chapman, Stony Brook University, USA
- Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (Chair)
- Bernd Mohr, FZ Juelich, Germany
- Bing Xie, ORNL, USA
- Yang You, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Amelie Chi Zhou, Shenzhen University, China
Note that members of the selection committee cannot be nominators or provide support letters.
Award & Presentation Note: Awardees will be presented a plaque and provided with complimentary IEEE and IEEE CS membership for one year. They will also be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters, and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC22 conference that will be held in Dallas, Texas, USA during November 13–18, 2022. Details of the conference can be found here. For more information, please send email to email@example.com.
IEEE TCHPC ECR 2019 Awards Ceremony at Supercomputing’19 (l to r): Jack Dongarra (SC19 Awards Chair); Award Winners: Guillaume Aupy Pallez, Xu Liu and Yufei Ding; Manish Parashar (IEEE TCHPC Chair); Vladimir Getov (2019 IEEE TCHPC Award Committee Chair)