Promoting your conference is an important part of a successful event, but knowing what promotional activities will bring the most impact is not always clear. We’ve created this promotional marketing tool kit for conference organizers, to provide efficient and effective ideas and resources to help you and your team expand the reach of your conference.
Consider sending an email to your past attendees to invite submissions and announce deadlines
Topic examples: Call for Papers, Call for Participation, Registration is Open, Speakers are Announced
Ask last year’s paper reviewers (and past authors) to send an email invitation to their contacts inviting them to submit a paper
Access sample email template.
Note: Under all circumstances, email activities must comply with IEEE GDPR Guidelines.
Social Media Marketing
Post the conference news on your personal social media pages and ask committee members to do the same
When creating a social media post about your conference, include the following information:
- Conference name, date, location, topic, and website url
- Highlight important dates and deadlines such as Call for Papers, Call for Participation, and Registration Open
- Include new announcements such as keynote speakers, special panels, unique events
- Use current IEEE Computer Society logos per branding guidelines
- Include a topical image, if desired. Access sample generic images below.
Tag the IEEE CS handles on all social media posts, and we will re-post your news. Use the following handles:
- Twitter: @computersociety
- Facebook: @ieeecomputersociety
- LinkedIn: @ieee computer society
- Instagram: @ieee_computer_society
Follow best practice guidelines for social media posts:
- For Facebook, LinkedIn: Provide 500 characters of text, URL, and an image.
- Twitter: Provide 240 characters of text, URL, and an image.
Share the announcement on the IEEE CS and IEEE group pages on LinkedIn
- Log into group page(s) and announce Conference name, date, location, topic and website url.
- Highlight important dates and deadlines such as Call for Papers, Call for Participation, Registration Open
Utilize your influencers
Do any of your committee members or their colleagues have strong social media followings? A supportive post or message from them can go a long way. Reference the conference where applicable.
Ideas for engaging with influencers:
- Reply to their tweets
- Ask them a relevant question
- Retweet them, adding a reference to a conference
Engage with the community
- Look for people who have asked questions about your topic on social media channels such as Linkedin and ResearchGate.
- Partially address their question and suggest the conference as the best resource on the topic
Post the Call for Papers on ResearchGate if you have an account
ResearchGate.net is a social networking site for scientists and researchers to share papers, ask and answer questions, and find collaborators.
IEEE Computer Society Branding Resources and Templates
Use new IEEE Computer Society branding
Please use current high-resolution IEEE Computer Society branding assets for your conference communications. Logos and usage guidelines are available.
Download sample generic image assets
These generic images may be used in conjunction with your social media post.
Personalize this sample social media image template (.pptx) with information about your conference.
Personalize this sample presenter email image template (.pptx) with information about your conference. This image can be put into presenters’ email signatures to promote the conference.