The IEEE Computer Society sponsors the Awards Program to recognize both technical achievement and service to the Society. In the technical area, recognition may be given for pioneering and current contributions to the field of computer science and engineering. Service awards are given to both volunteers and staff for well-defined and highly valued contributions to the Society. In addition, the Society encourages nominations of its members for appropriate IEEE awards.
The Awards Committee selects and recommends recipients for awards administered by the Society, and nominates and recommends candidates for IEEE administered awards.
The Awards Committee is responsible for preserving the integrity of the evaluation and selection process, assuring that the process is both open and rigorous, and that the process contributes to the prestige of the Society and the award recipients.
The Awards Committee chair is appointed by the Society president. Committee members, including the immediate past chair, chairs of all the awards subcommittees and one to three at-large members, are appointed by the Awards Committee chair with the concurrence of the society President.
2015 Awards Committee
- Awards Chair: Rich Belgard
- Past Chair: David A. Bader
- B. Ramakrishna Rau Award: Bill Mangione-Smith
- Computer Entrepreneur: Steven J. Wallach
- Computer Pioneer: Steven J. Wallach
- Eckert-Mauchly: Joel Emer
- Hans Karlsson: Roger Fujii
- Harlan Mills Award: Bertrand Meyer
- Harry Goode Memorial: Scott Mahlke
- IEEE CS / SEI Watts S. Humphrey
- Software Process Achievement: Michael Konrad
- Ken Kennedy Representative: Mary Hall
- Seymour Cray Computer Engineering: Horst Simon
- Sidney Fernbach: Horst Simon
- Technical Achievement: Elisa Bertino
- W. Wallace McDowell: Scott Mahlke
- CS&E Undergraduate Teaching: Robert Reilly
- Taylor L. Booth: Robert Reilly
- Richard E. Merwin: Sorel Reisman
- Service Awards: Rich Belgard
- Anne Marie Kelly*
- Millie Lovos*
- Itaru Mimura
- Ronny Ronen
- Andrew Wolfe
Last Updated: 12 January 2015