IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) is an archival journal published monthly designed to inform researchers, developers, managers, strategic planners, users, and others interested in state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice activities in the knowledge and data engineering area. Read the full scope of TKDE
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) has moved to the OnlinePlus publication model starting with 2013 issues!
From the December 2015 issue
CloudKeyBank: Privacy and Owner Authorization Enforced Key Management Framework
By Xiuxia Tian, Ling Huang, Tony Wu, Xiaoling Wang, and Aoying Zhou
Explosive growth in the number of passwords for web based applications and encryption keys for outsourced data storage well exceeds the management limit of users. Therefore, outsourcing keys (including passwords and data encryption keys) to professional password managers (honest-but-curious service providers) is attracting the attention of many users. However, existing solutions in a traditional data outsourcing scenario are unable to simultaneously meet the following three security requirements for keys outsourcing: 1) Confidentiality and privacy of keys; 2) Search privacy on identity attributes tied to keys; 3) Owner controllable authorization over his/her shared keys. In this paper, we propose CloudKeyBank, the first unified key management framework that addresses all the three goals above. Under our framework, the key owner can perform privacy and controllable authorization enforced encryption with minimum information leakage. To implement CloudKeyBank efficiently, we propose a new cryptographic primitive named Searchable Conditional Proxy Re-Encryption (SC-PRE) which combines the techniques of Hidden Vector Encryption (HVE) and Proxy Re-Encryption (PRE) seamlessly, and propose a concrete SC-PRE scheme based on existing HVE and PRE schemes. Our experimental results and security analysis show the efficiency and security goals are well achieved.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- TKDE celebrates its 25th Anniversary. Editor-in-Chief Jian Pei says, "We are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of TKDE. Since its first issue in March 1989, TKDE has published 2,981 articles, and another 220 articles in the early access portal. With 898 submissions and 79 accepted articles in 2012, TKDE is now the premier journal in the broad and general fields of data management, data mining, and knowledge engineering. We thank all the authors, reviewers, and readers for their continuing support to TKDE. As always, we are eager to hear your ideas and suggestions, and will do our best to meet your expectations. With all your passions, contributions, and supports, TKDE is embracing the new era of big data and big data analytics. Happy birthday to TKDE!"
- Editorial (August 2015)
- State of the Journal Editorial (January 2015)
- Editorial: State of the Transactions (January 2014)
- Editorial (August 2013)
- New EIC Editorial (February 2013)
- Outgoing EIC Editorial (February 2013)
- State of the Journal (February 2012)
- EIC Editorial (January 2011)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (July 2015)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (June 2014)
- Special Section on the 27th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2011)(Oct 2012)
- Special Section on Keyword Search on Structured Data (Dec 2011)
- Cloud Data Management (Sept 2011)
- Special Section on the 26th International Conference on Data Engineering (Aug 2011)
Access recently published TKDE articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TKDE content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.