2004 SWEBOK Guide - Stoneman Phase
Based on the results of the Strawman phase, a second or Stoneman phase was instigated in 3Q1998 and is planned to end in spring of 2000.
The main deliverables of the Stoneman phase of this project are:
- a list of Knowledge Areas of software engineering;
- a list of topics and relevant reference materials for each Knowledge Area;
- a list of disciplines related to Software Engineering, and the Knowledge Areas and topics at the junction of Software Engineering and these Related Disciplines;
Supporting and intermediate deliverables:
- Knowledge Area description specification
- Knowledge Area "jumpstart" documents
- Comment disposition reports
- Complete documentation of all review cycles
The development of the Stoneman version of the Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge is planned to proceed through three review cycles.
- Review Cycle 1: Focus will be on the choice of topics and the definitions of Knowledge Areas by a limited set of subject area experts.
Review period: April and May 1999
- Review Cycle 2: Focus will be on completeness of coverage and depth of coverage across Knowledge Areas. The review will be organized by selected viewpoints: trainers and educators, practitioners, researchers, practitioners from small/medium organizations, etc.
Review period: July, August and September 1999.
- Review Cycle 3: Focus will be on a broad-based review by individuals and organizations representing a suitable cross-section of potential interest groups.
Review period: May 2000.
|Draft Versions of the Guide||Supporting Deliverables & Review Cycle Documentation||Project Promotion Deliverables|