Nominees Sought for Future IEEE Computer Society Leadership
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 4 March, 2014 – The IEEE Computer Society Nominations Committee is seeking nominations of qualified candidates for Society leadership. The deadline is Friday, 28 March.
"Strong leadership is critical to the vitality of the IEEE Computer Society," said Nominations Chair David Alan Grier. "On behalf of the Nominations Committee, I request you to consider this challenge carefully, and recruit qualified individuals for the nominations slate. Self-nominations are encouraged, but you may also nominate an individual."
Candidates are sought for the following positions:
- 2015 President-elect, to serve as 2016 president and 2017 past president
- First vice president, to serve a one-year term in 2015
- Second vice president, to serve a one-year term in 2015, and
- Seven Board of Governors positions to serve three-year terms in 2015-2017.
President-elect and first and second vice president candidates must hold member grades or higher in IEEE and have been Computer Society members for the preceding three years. Board of Governors members must be members of IEEE Computer Society.
Nominations may be submitted online. Individuals may submit their names for more than one position. For more details, visit http://www.computer.org/portal/web/nominations/announcements.
By Friday, 28 March 2014, nominees must turn in the following:
1. Nominee information (name, email address, and IEEE member number)
2. Position statement (a description of up to 150 words about the nominee's plans and how will they help support the Computer Society's strategic direction)
3. IEEE and/or IEEE Computer Society experience (position title, organization, and number of years of experience)
4. Relevant accomplishments (up to five major contributions the nominee has brought to the IEEE or IEEE Computer Society in previous assignments, or relevant contributions made with other organizations or in related work experience)
5. Resume or CV (uploaded as a document or LinkedIn web URL)
6. Reference information (name and email address of nominator, colleague, or someone who can attest to the nominee's qualifications for this position), and
7. Any additional comments.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee, which comprises Grier, 2015 IEEE Computer Society President Thomas M. Conte, Board of Governors members Atsuhiro Goto, Nita Patel, and Diomidis Spinellis, , and 2011 IEEE Computer Society President Sorel Reisman. The final candidate slate will be approved by the Computer Society Board of Governors in June.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars,professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.