Author Guidelines for Multimedia Submissions
In addition to IEEE requirements, please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing multimedia files for submission:
- Papers should be written so that they can be understood on their own without relying on multimedia incorporated into them.
- We strongly prefer to receive all multimedia files up front with manuscripts.
- All multimedia files should be cited in the text, referred to by their figure number, if applicable.
- For each multimedia file, provide a figure (TIF, EPS, JPG), which will serve as a static representation of the multimedia file. Also provide an accompanying caption.
- Please ensure that no copyrighted or inappropriate content is included in any multimedia.
- We also reserve the right to reject overtly promotional content.
- From our analytics, we know that most users will exit a video before 5 minutes; therefore, we recommend generally keeping lengths to 2–5 minutes.
Please submit videos as H.264-encoded files at 720:480-pixel resolution.
(AVI files are no longer recommended because the wide variety of AVI codecs cannot be reliably archived.)
Acceptable file formats include
- WAV, AIFF, MP3 (at 128 KB or greater)
- Audio Parameters
- 44,100 or 48,000 samples per second
- 16 bit Stereo or Mono
General Guidelines for All Multimedia Submissions
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing multimedia files:
- The acceptable file formats above work in standard media players, which should be used to check file properties and image/sound quality prior to submission. For videos, all fonts, lines, and image details should be of sufficient size and weight to be visible when played at half size.
- Total maximum size for submitted multimedia files is 50 MBytes per paper.
- Animations must be formatted into standard video files.
Authors will be asked to provide some information about their multimedia files. A caption or description of the content of the media file is required. Additional metadata as outlined below will also be requested.
- Abstract/ description: Textual abstract/description of the content of media object.
- Duration: This is the length of the media object playing time, in units of seconds. IFrame size: For video only (not still images), the size of the video image, as height × width in pixels. Optional.
- Keywords: metadata to ensure that users searching your topic space will discover your media.
Please also review all IEEE submission specifications for multimedia here:
Go to the "Specifications" section and click on "Supplemental electronic material (multimedia) overview".