Safari Books Online Catalog
As a benefit of membership in IEEE Computer Society, you have access to 600 titles from Safari® Books Online, featuring technical and business titles from top publishers such as O'Reilly Media.
To ensure members have access to the newest information, the selections are reviewed every few months and books are added or deleted based upon their usage. Below you will find the list of all titles currently in the collection, including new titles and those deleted on 31 October 2012.
Membership Communication: Questions, need help? Contact Customer Service
This Expert Guide gives you the techniques and technologies in embedded multicore to optimally design and implement your embedded system. Written by experts with a solutions focus, this encyclopedic reference gives you an indispensable aid to tackling the day-to-day problems when building and managing multicore embedded systems.
Following an embedded system design path from start to finish, our team of experts takes you from architecture, through hardware implementation to software programming and debug.
With this book you will learn:
• What motivates multicore
• The architectural options and tradeoffs; when to use what
• How to deal with the unique hardware challenges that multicore presents
• How to manage the software infrastructure in a multicore environment
• How to write effective multicore programs
• How to port legacy code into a multicore system and partition legacy software
• How to optimize both the system and software
• The particular challenges of debugging multicore hardware and software
- Examples demonstrating timeless implementation details
- Proven and practical techniques reflecting the authors’ expertise built from years of experience and key advice on tackling critical issues