Secure Mobility (September/October 2013)
Please email the guest editors an extended abstract describing the article you plan to submit by 1 December 2012.
Final submissions due to ScholarOne: 1 January 2012
The world is awash in devices that travel with us, bring information to us, and transmit information about us. This special issue of IEEE Security & Privacy will examine how we protect ourselves and our information as these devices gather it, share it, use it and even change it. Articles will explore important questions, such as:
- What policies should govern information collection and subsequent use, and how can those policies be enforced?
- How do users/consumers learn what information is being collected and used, so that they can determine and declare what they want to protect?
- What methods can ensure that the security settings placed on one device are acknowledged and transferred as the information moves to other devices?
- In a world where a television can be used as a telephone, or a telephone used as a computer, what mechanisms are available to provide continuous, consistent protection to users, devices, and information?
- Use/Misuse of Location Based Services
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Mobile Payments
- Secure Mobile Hardware
- Mobile Application Hardening
- 4G Security
- Mobile Web
- Lost/Stolen Device Management
Submissions will be subject to the IEEE Computer Society's peer-review process. Extended abstracts should not exceed 2,000 words. Articles themselves will not exceed 6,000 and have no more than 15 references. Articles should be understandable to a broad audience of people interested in security and privacy. The writing style should be down to earth, practical, and original. Authors should not assume that the audience will have specialized experience in a particular subfield. All accepted articles will be edited according to the IEEE Computer Society style guide. Submit abstracts to the guest editors, and submit your papers to ScholarOne at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cs-ieee.
Visit our Author Center for information about the magazine, including article guidelines.