High-Performance Mobile Internet
Final submissions due: 15 May 2013
Publication date: January/February 2014
Please email the guest editors a brief description of the article you plan to submit by 15 April 2013.
Every day, hundreds of millions of users access the Internet using handheld smartphones and tablet computers. With the increasing popularity of such devices and the availability of myriad applications specifically designed for them, it isn't surprising that cellular data network traffic has experienced unprecedented growth. The Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update projects that global mobile data traffic will increase 18-fold between 2011 and 2016. Hence, several stakeholders, including users, mobile application developers, network operators, content providers, and regulatory authorities are interested in understanding the performance that cellular data networks provide to their users.
This special issue seeks articles on the services, architectures, policies, and performance of mobile data networks. Topics of interest include
- usage, performance and resource (such as energy and spectrum) efficiency in cellular networks;
- cross-layer interactions in cellular networks;
- Cellular network management;
- mobility in cellular data networks, including mobility pricing and billing;
- troubleshooting and root cause analysis;
- data offloading;
- performance monitoring in cellular networks, including techniques, tools, and characterization;
- evaluations of how existing technologies and policies impact performance;
- characterization and modeling of cellular application traffic'
- advertising in cellular networks
- security and privacy for mobile applications, services, and systems; and
- innovative applications (such as social networking or location-based services).
All submissions must be original manuscripts of fewer than 5,000 words, focused on Internet technologies and implementations. All manuscripts are subject to peer review on both technical merit and relevance to IC's international readership—primarily practicing engineers and academics who are looking for material that introduces new technology and broadens familiarity with current topics. We do not accept white papers, and we discourage strictly theoretical or mathematical papers. To submit a manuscript, please log on to ScholarOne (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com:443/ic-cs) to create or access an account, which you can use to log on to IC's Author Center and upload your submission.
Contact Guest Editors: Anirban Mahanti and Subhabrata (Shubho) Sen (firstname.lastname@example.org)