IEEE-CS to Honor 14 Technologists at Awards Dinner in Seattle
- Carl K. Chang, computer science professor and chair at Iowa State University, 2012 Richard E. Merwin Distinguished Service Award for exemplary leadership and service to the IEEE Computer Society and the profession;
- Paul Croll, IEEE Computer Society Vice President for Technical and Conference Activities, 2012 Hans Karlsson Award for achievement in computer standards;
- Michael Franz, professor of computer science at the University of California Irvine, 2012 Technical Achievement Award "for pioneering contributions to just-in-time compilation and optimization, significantly advancing web application technology.;
- Johannes Gehrke, computer science professor at Cornell University, 2011 Technical Achievement Award, for pioneering contributions to data mining and distributed query processing techniques;
- Ling Liu, computer science professor at Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012 Technical Achievement Award for pioneering contributions to Internet data management and decentralized trust management;
- Klara Nahrstedt, computer science professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2012 Technical Achievement Award for contributions to end-to-end quality of service and resource management in wired and wireless networks;
- Beng Chin Ooi, professor of computer science and dean of the School of Computing at National University of Singapore, Tsutomu Kanai Award, for pioneering research in distributed database management and peer-to-peer-based enterprise quality management;
- Mei-Ling Shyu, an associate electrical and computer engineering professor at University of Miami, 2012 Technical Achievement Award for pioneering contributions to multimedia data mining, management, and retrieval; and
- Xindong Wu, a professor of computer science at the University of Vermont, Technical Achievement Award for pioneering contributions to data mining and applications.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.