From the July-September 2013 issue
Security-Aware Service Composition with Fine-Grained Information Flow Control
By Wei She, I-Ling Yen, Bhavani Thuraisingham, Elisa Bertino
Enforcing access control in composite services is essential in distributed multidomain environment. Many advanced access control models have been developed to secure web services at execution time. However, they do not consider access control validation at composition time, resulting in high execution-time failure rate of composite services due to access control violations. Performing composition-time access control validation is not straightforward. First, many candidate compositions need to be considered and validating them can be costly. Second, some service composers may not be trusted to access protected policies and validation has to be done remotely. Another major issue with existing models is that they do not consider information flow control in composite services, which may result in undesirable information leakage.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- TSC celebrates its 5th anniversary
- eBooks of issues of TSC can now be downloaded from the Computer Society Digital Library
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Guest Editorial: Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Recommendation Systems for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (PDF)
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2013.
Access recently published TSC articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management.
Read more about TSC