IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management. Read more about TSC
The IEEE Computer Society seeks applicants for the position of editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, serving a three-year term starting 1 January 2017, renewable for one additional two-year term. Please view the EIC Search Ad for more information or contact Kimberly Sperka, firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the November/December 2015 issue
Application Portability in Cloud Computing: An Abstraction-Driven Perspective
By Ajith Ranabahu, E. Michael Maximilien, Amit Sheth, and Krishnaprasad Thirunarayan
Cloud computing has changed the way organizations create, manage, and evolve their applications. While the abundance of computing resources at low cost opens up many possibilities for migrating applications to the cloud, this migration also comes at a price. Cloud applications, in many cases, depend on certain provider specific features or services. In moving applications to the cloud, application developers face the challenge of balancing these dependencies to avoid vendor lock-in. We present an abstraction-driven approach to address the application portability issues and focus on the application development process. We also present our theoretical basis and experience in two practical projects where we have applied the abstraction-driven approach.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- TSC celebrates its 5th anniversary
- Editorial: Service Computing in 2015 (Jan-Feb 2015)
- Editorial: Service Computing in the Next Seven Years (Oct-Dec 2014)
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Guest Editorial: Recommendation Techniques for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (May-June 2015)
- Emerging Web Services (May-June 2015)
- Guest Editorial: Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (July-Sept 2014)
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Guest Editorial: Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Data-Centric Big Services (PDF)
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2016.
- Special Issue on Mobile and Cloud Services for Digital Health (PDF)
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2016.
Access Recently Published TSC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection Newsletter.