From the January-March 2013 issue
Dynamic Service Contract Enforcement in Service-Oriented Networks
By Yesid Jarma, Keerthana Boloor, Marcelo Dias de Amorim, Yannis Viniotis, and Robert D. Callaway
In recent years, service-oriented architectures (SOA) have emerged as the main solution for the integration of legacy systems with new technologies in the enterprise world. A service is usually governed by a client service contract (CSC) that specifies, among other requirements, the rate at which a service should be accessed, and limits it to no more than a number of service requests during an observation period. Several approaches, using both static and dynamic credit-based strategies, have been developed to enforce the rate specified in the CSC. Existing approaches have problems related to starvation, approximations used in calculations, and rapid credit consumption under certain conditions.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Ling Liu, a professor in the College of Computing at Georgia Institute of Technology and 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award winner, is the new Editor in Chief of IEEE Transactions on Services Computing starting in 2013. She was formerly the associate Editor in Chief of TSC.
- TSC announces new Editorial Board members (March 2013 - PDF)
- TSC announces new Editorial Board members (Oct 2012 - PDF)
- TSC celebrates its 5th anniversary
- eBooks of issues of TSC can now be downloaded from the Computer Society Digital Library
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, LJ Zhang, on winning the the 2011 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- EIC Editorial: Application-Driven Management of Service Systems (Jan-Mar 2011)
- Security and Dependability in SOA and Business Processes (Oct-Dec 2011)
- Services Composition and Virtualization Technologies (July-Sept 2011)
- Quality-Driven Service and Workflow Management (April-June 2010)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (PDF)
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2013.
Access recently published TSC articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management.
Read more about TSC