From the July 2013 Issue
Resisting Web Proxy-Based HTTP Attacks by Temporal and Spatial Locality Behavior
By Yi Xie, S. Tang, Y. Xiang, and J. Hu
A novel server-side defense scheme is proposed to resist the Web proxy-based distributed denial of service attack. The approach utilizes the temporal and spatial locality to extract the behavior features of the proxy-to-server traffic, which makes the scheme independent of the traffic intensity and frequently varying Web contents. A nonlinear mapping function is introduced to protect weak signals from the interference of infrequent large values. Then, a new hidden semi-Markov model parameterized by Gaussian-mixture and Gamma distributions is proposed to describe the time-varying traffic behavior of Web proxies...
Editorials and Announcements
- Print on Demand is Now Available for OnlinePlus Titles
- eBooks of issues of TPDS can now be downloaded from the Computer Society Digital Library
- Editor's Note (Jan 2013)
- Editor's Note by Ivan Stojmenovic (April 2012)
- Editor's Note by Ivan Stojmenovic (January 2012)
- Editorial: Media Center by Ivan Stojmenovic (November 2011)
- Editor's Note: How to Write Research Articles in Computing and Engineering Disciplines by Ivan Stojmenovic
- Full Supplemental PDF of Editor's Note: How to Write Research Articles in Computing and Engineering Disciplines by Ivan Stojmenovic and Veljko Milutinovic (PDF)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (June 2013)
- Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) (Sept 2012)
- Special Section on Many-Task Computing (June 2011)
Access recently published TPDS articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TPDS content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
A word from the Editor-in-Chief Ivan Stojmenovic
Listen to the OnlinePlus Podcast: Computer Society Publishing—two more titles migrate to OnlinePlus™ in 2012.
In this podcast, VP of Publications, David Alan Grier talks about Transactions on Mobile Computing and Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems migrating to OnlinePlus™.
TPDS is indexed in ISI
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS) is a scholarly archival journal published monthly. Parallelism and distributed computing are foundational research and technology to rapidly advance computer systems and their applications.
Read the full scope of TPDS