TC Seeks Editor-in-Chief for 2015-2016 Term
The IEEE Computer Society seeks applicants for the position of Editor-in-Chief, serving a two-year term starting 1 January 2015. Prospective candidates are asked to provide (as PDF files) a complete curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication's future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer. Applications are being received between 30 October and 15 December 2013. Only applications received during that period will be considered. Please click here for more details.
From the November 2013 issue
Hardware Trojan Detection by Multiple-Parameter Side-Channel Analysis
By Seetharam Narasimhan, Dongdong Du, Rajat Subhra Chakraborty, Somnath Paul, Francis G. Wolff, Christos A. Papachristou, Kaushik Roy, Swarup Bhunia
Hardware Trojan attack in the form of malicious modification of a design has emerged as a major security threat. Side-channel analysis has been investigated as an alternative to conventional logic testing to detect the presence of hardware Trojans. However, these techniques suffer from decreased sensitivity toward small Trojans, especially because of the large process variations present in modern nanometer technologies. In this paper, we propose a novel noninvasive, multiple-parameter side-channel analysis-based Trojan detection approach. We use the intrinsic relationship between dynamic current and maximum operating frequency of a circuit to isolate the effect of a Trojan circuit from process noise. We propose a vector generation approach and several design/test techniques to improve the detection sensitivity.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- eBooks of issues of TC can now be downloaded from the Computer Society Digital Library
- IEEE Transactions on Computers EIC Albert Zomaya receives two IEEE awards.
- "Cloud Computing" available at computer.org/store
- "Industrial Implementations of Floating-Point Units" available at computer.org/store
- Special Issue on Emerging Memory Technologies in Very Large Scale Computing and Storage Systems (PDF)
Submission Deadline: February 3, 2014
- State of the Journal by Albert Y. Zomaya (Jan 2012)
- State of the Journal by Albert Y. Zomaya (May 2011)
- Special Section on Concurrent On-Line Testing and Error/Fault Resilience of Digital Systems (September 2011)
Access Recently Published TC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TC content added to the digital library
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
Importance of Coherence Protocols with Network Applications on Multi-Core Processors
Automated Generation of Performance and Dependability Models for the Assessment of Wireless Sensor Networks