Coming soon: a new SWEBOK Guide
Volunteers are in the process of refreshing the Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK)--adding new knowledge areas (KAs) and revising others. For the latest materials available to the public, visit the SWEBOK V3 Public Review site. Resolution of collected comments have been posted, and IEEE Computer Society members have voted to move the revised document forward to publication.
All 15 KAs and an Appendix on Standards have completed public review, and all review comments have been adjudicated.
The SWEBOK Guide:
- characterizes the contents of the software engineering discipline
- promotes a consistent view of software engineering worldwide
- clarifies software engineering's place with respect to other disciplines
- provides a foundation for training materials and curriculum development, and
- provides a basis for certification and licensing of software engineers.