Nominations Sought for IEEE Technical Council on Software Engineering Awards
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 22 March 2014 – The IEEE Technical Council on Software Engineering (TCSE) is seeking nominations of distinguished individuals and teams for its annual awards.
Recipients will be presented with a plaque at the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 4-6 June in Hyderabad, India, and a citation on the IEEE TCSE website.
Nominations are being sought for the following annual awards:
- TCSE Distinguished Service Award, presented to an individual for outstanding and/or sustained contributions and service to the software engineering community;
- TCSE Distinguished Education Award, presented to an individual for outstanding and/or sustained contributions to software engineering education;
- TCSE Distinguished Synergy Award (new), presented to a team for outstanding and/or sustained contributions that stand as a model in the software engineering community of effective partnership between industry and universities; and the
- TCSE Distinguished Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Leadership Award (new), presented to an individual for outstanding and/or sustained leadership in the software engineering community to encourage women to explore science and engineering career paths.
The nomination deadline is 1 April. A nominee must be a TCSE member at the time of nomination. For more information, contact 2014 TCSE Awards Chair Rick Selby at email@example.com.
Nominators must submit their name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as the name, address, phone number, and email address of the person or team being nominated. A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee or team deserves the recommended award, supporting statements from up to two people, and a bio or vitae for the nominee should also be included.
Nominations should be emailed as file attachments to the respective award chair:
- TCSE Distinguished Service Award: Grace Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCSE Distinguished Education Award: Paul Strooper, email@example.com
- TCSE Distinguished Synergy Award: Rick Kazman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCSE Distinguished WISE Leadership Award: Pam Jones, email@example.com
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars,professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.