Special Issue on Pervasive Food
Submission deadline: 1 January 2015
Publication date: October–December 2015
Food, glorious food! There is currently a huge focus on food in today's culture: where it comes from, how it's produced, how it's transported, the culinary and dining experience, and, of course, if it is good for us. Additionally, the role of technology around food is growing.
The aim of this special issue is to explore technologies related to all aspects of food and agriculture in pervasive computing. Relevant topics for this special issue include, but are not limited to, the following
- Technology for restaurants
- Technology for enhancing the dining experience
- Technology for food supply chain
- Technology for food transportation
- Tracking food from farm to table
- Technology for food provenance
- Technology to support proper food preparation, disposal, and waste
- Technology for knowing/understanding nutrition information
- Technology to support the agricultural industry, such as sensing the health of plants and animals
- Technology for the social and sharing aspects of food
- Understanding how people use and experience technology for food
The guest editors invite original and high-quality submissions addressing all aspects of this field, as long as the connection to the focus topic is clear and emphasized. Review or summary articles — for example critical evaluations of the state of the art, or insightful analysis of established and up-coming technologies — may be accepted if they demonstrate academic originality in discussing and highlighting academic relevance.
Special Issue Guest Editors
- Anind Dey, Carnegie Mellon University
- Florian Pinel, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
- Eva Ganglbauer, Vienna University of Technology
Submissions should be 4,000 to 6,000 words long and should follow the magazine's guidelines on style and presentation. All submissions will be single-blind anonymously reviewed in accordance with normal practice for scientific publications. For more information, contact the guest editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To present works-in-progress directly to the community, visit our Reddit community: www.reddit.com/r/pervasivecomputing.
For general author guidelines or submission details: www.computer.org/pervasive/author.htm or email@example.com. To submit your article directly to our online peer-review system, go directly to Manuscript Central.