Goals and Scope
Special Technical Communities focus on selected technical areas and integrate contemporary tools and technology to break down silos and foster new ideas.
CS Cloud Computing STC focuses on Cloud activities across CS, involving both CS members and non-members. Its work is complementary to the IEEE Cloud Computing Initiative (IEEE CCI), a 3-year project to promote Cloud efforts across IEEE.
|Chunming Rong||University of Stavanger, Norway|
Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
|Martin Gilje Jaatun||
IEEE Computer Society, USA
|Ching-Hsien Hsu (Robert)||
Chung Hua University, Taiwan
|Xianghan Zheng||Fuzhou University, China|
US DoD, USA
PlayApps Inc, India
Read our latest Newsletter - Cloudscape.
The goal of the Computer Society (CS) Special Technical Community (STC) for Cloud Computing (CC) is to bring together Computer Society members and non-members with an interest in Cloud Computing.
Our members range from new to cloud computing to experts in cloud computing.
The STC is by members for members.
The content provided by the CS STC CC will give members accurate, vendor-neutral information that will demystify IT's top cloud-related concerns (such as ensuring adequate security, framing service level agreements, impacts on staffing, and enabling rapid scaling up and down).
We provide our members; up-to-date information and resources about cloud computing.
Develop and/or disseminate Cloud Computing knowledge on our outward facing web site (cloudcomputing.ieee.org)
Facilitate Cloud Computing information exchange via social media, blogs, and meet-ups.
To accomplish these goals we will:
- recruit volunteer authors, practitioners, researchers, and other community members.
- work synergistically CS Boards (EAB, PUB, SA, TAB, PA, MGA), CS TCs, and IEEE CCI.
- Promote Cloud materials across IEEE
- Technically co-sponsor Cloud conferences
- Develop educational materials
- Launch new Cloud publications
- Develop Cloud Computing standards
- Develop Cloud Computing Guide
- Publish Cloud Scape newsletter
- Maintain online presence for above
You Can Help Us
- Organize activities at Cloud conferences
- Review papers for Cloud conferences
- Find keynote speakers
- Contribute to Cloud publications
- Serve as/ find subject matter experts
- Author educational materials
- Solicit for Cloud resources
- Contribute to IEEE CCI web portal and Computing Now
- Maintain web and social presence
New Positions: Call for Volunteers
View the list of IEEE CS Cloud Computing Special Technical Community (CC STC) open positions here.
Join This Exciting Effort
It's free! Open for CS members and non-members.
If you are involved in cloud computing, joining the CS CC STC will give you chance to contribute your expertise as well as to expand your knowledge by working with others in this field. We have working groups on:
- Technical Activities
- Online Presence
To become a CC STC member, click on the JOIN CS CC STC / LOGIN button on the home page.
To get involved as a volunteer, select any of our working groups.