Advance your career
Are you a mid-career software engineer seeking to confirm your proficiency of established software development practices and differentiate yourself?
Senior IEEE Members and Licensed Software Engineers are automatically qualified. All others must meet the requirements below:
Education: (need at least one)
- Bachelor's degree
- CSDA certificate
- Post-baccalaureate-level teaching experience
- IEEE full membership
Experience: (need at least one)
- Advanced degree in software engineering and at least two years (about 3,500 hours) of experience in software engineering/development, or
- At least four years (about 7,000 hours) of experience in software engineering/development
Get certified in 3 easy steps
Exam fees are affordable and in many cases paid for by your employer.
Several options are available, including a self-paced, online CSDP Preparation Course.
Choose a test center from the thousands located around the world.
- Confirm your proficiency of established software development practices
- Demonstrate your commitment to lifelong learning
- Distinguish yourself in your field
- Standardize your software development practices
- Protect your investment in a competent and proficient workforce
- Assure that employees can perform on real-world projects