Advance your career
Are you a mid-career software engineer seeking to confirm your proficiency of established software development practices and differentiate yourself?
Register by 9 June to take the CSDP exam between 4 January and 29 June 2013.
Senior IEEE Members and Licensed Software Engineers are automatically qualified. All others must meet the requirements below:
Education: (need at least one)
- Bachelor's degree
- CSDA certificate
- Post-baccalaureate-level teaching experience
- IEEE full membership
Experience: (need at least one)
- Advanced degree in software engineering and at least two years (about 3,500 hours) of experience in software engineering/development, or
- At least four years (about 7,000 hours) of experience in software engineering/development
Get certified in 3 easy steps
Exam fees are affordable and in many cases paid for by your employer.
Several options are available, including a self-paced, online CSDP Preparation Course.
Choose a test center from the thousands located around the world.
- Confirm your proficiency of established software development practices
- Demonstrate your commitment to lifelong learning
- Distinguish yourself in your field
- Standardize your software development practices
- Protect your investment in a competent and proficient workforce
- Assure that employees can perform on real-world projects