IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) is a monthly journal that publishes research on subjects related to computer graphics and visualization techniques, systems, software, hardware, and user interface issues. Read the full scope of TVCG.
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the January 2017 issue
Jacobi Fiber Surfaces for Bivariate Reeb Space Computation
By Julien Tierny and Hamish Carr
This paper presents an efficient algorithm for the computation of the Reeb space of an input bivariate piecewise linear scalar function f defined on a tetrahedral mesh. By extending and generalizing algorithmic concepts from the univariate case to the bivariate one, we report the first practical, output-sensitive algorithm for the exact computation of such a Reeb space...
Vega-Lite: A Grammar of Interactive Graphics
By Arvind Satyanarayan, Dominik Moritz, Kanit Wongsuphasawat, and Jeffrey Heer
We present Vega-Lite, a high-level grammar that enables rapid specification of interactive data visualizations. Vega-Lite combines a traditional grammar of graphics, providing visual encoding rules and a composition algebra for layered and multi-view displays, with a novel grammar of interaction. Users specify interactive semantics by composing selections. In Vega-Lite, a selection is an abstraction that defines input event processing, points of interest, and a predicate function for inclusion testing...
An Analysis of Machine- and Human-Analytics in Classification
By Gary K.L. Tam, Vivek Kothari, Min Chen
In this work, we present a study that traces the technical and cognitive processes in two visual analytics applications to a common theoretic model of soft knowledge that may be added into a visual analytics process for constructing a decision-tree model. Both case studies involved the development of classification models based on the "bag of features" approach. Both compared a visual analytics approach using parallel coordinates with a machine-learning approach using information theory...
Editorials and Announcements
- IEEE TVCG Two special invited sessions will be held at SIGGRAPH 2016 this coming Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- TVCG Partners With Conferences
- Editor's Note (December 2016)
- Message from the Editor-in-Chief and from the Associate Editor-in-Chief (November 2016)
- Editor's Note (August 2016)
- Message from the Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE VR Special Issue (April 2016)
- Editor's Note (March 2016)
- State of the Journal (February 2016)
- Message from the Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE VIS Special Issue (January 2016)
- Editor's Note (December 2015)
- Message from the Editor-in-Chief and the Associate Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE ISMAR Special Issue (November 2015)
- Editor's Note (September 2015)
- Editor's Note (May 2015)
- Message from the former Editor-in-Chief for the IEEE VR Special Issue (April 2015)
- Editor's Note (February 2015)
- Message from the New Editor-In-Chief (January 2015)
- EIC Farewell and New EIC Introduction (January 2015)
- Special Section on the ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D) 2015 (October 2016)
- Special Section on the IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium 2015 (July 2016)
- Special Section on the 2016 IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (June 2016)
- Special Issue on the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference 2016 (April 2016)
- Special Issue on the IEEE Visualization Conference 2016 (January 2016)
- Special Section on the IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR) 2014 (December 2015)
- Special Section on the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) (October 2015)
- Special Section on the IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium 2014 (August 2015)
- Special Section on the ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D) 2014 (June 2015)
- Special Section on the International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR) 2013 (April 2015)
- Special issue on the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference 2015 (April 2015)
- Special Section on the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) (October 2014)
Access recently published TVCG articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TVCG content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
TVCG is indexed in MEDLINE®/PubMed® & ISI