IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management. Read more about TSC
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the September/October 2016 issue
Modern Service Industry and Crossover Services: Development and Trends in China
By Zhaohui Wu, Jianwei Yin, Shuiguang Deng, Jian Wu, Ying Li, and Liang Chen
Modern service industry (MSI) is an information and knowledge intensive service industry, relying on information technology and modern management philosophy. The development of MSI is of high significance for promoting rapid global economy, accelerating social progress, and building an innovation-oriented society and harmonious realm. This paper first presents the history and trends of MIS in China in terms of the worldwide MSI development status. It then proposes the concept of Crossover Services based upon a survey of 62 MSI-related listed firms in China, whose business models, products, and services evidently exploit the concept. After elaborating on the crossover, convergence, and complex characteristics of crossover services, it proposes a technical framework that facilities addressing the scientific issues and technical challenges on crossover service realization. Finally, it illustrates how a new cloud-based middleware platform, named JTang++, supports the realization of crossover services.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that James Joshi, a professor in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, USA, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing starting in 2017.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- Editorial: Services Computing in 2016 (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Editorial: Service Computing in 2015 (Jan/Feb 2015)
- Editorial: Service Computing in the Next Seven Years (Oct-Dec 2014)
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems and Services (March/April 2016)
- Special Issue on Big Data Analytics, Infrastructure, and Applications (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Recommendation Techniques for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (May/June 2015)
- Emerging Web Services (May/June 2015)
- Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (July-Sept 2014)
- Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Fog Computing and Services (PDF)
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017.
Access Recently Published TSC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection Newsletter.