IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) is a journal that focuses on research on the algorithmic, mathematical, statistical and computational methods that are central in services computing; the emerging field of Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Business Process Integration, Solution Performance Management, Services Operations and Management. Read more about TSC
From the May/June 2016 issue
Long-Term QoS-Aware Cloud Service Composition Using Multivariate Time Series Analysis
By Zhen Ye, Sajib Mistry, Athman Bouguettaya, and Hai Dong
We propose a cloud service composition framework that selects the optimal composition based on an end user's long-term Quality of Service (QoS) requirements. In a typical cloud environment, existing solutions are not suitable when service providers fail to provide the long-term QoS provision advertisements. The proposed framework uses a new multivariate QoS analysis to predict the long-term QoS provisions from service providers’ historical QoS data and short-term advertisements represented using Time Series. The quality of the QoS prediction is improved by incorporating QoS attributes’ intra correlations into the multivariate analysis. To select the optimal service composition, the proposed framework uses QoS time series’ inter correlations and performs a novel time series group similarity approach on the predicted QoS values. Experiments are conducted on real QoS dataset and results prove the efficiency of the proposed approach.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that James Joshi, a professor in the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, USA, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing starting in 2017.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Congrats to TSC's Editor-in-Chief, Ling Liu, on winning the 2012 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award!
- Editorial: Services Computing in 2016 (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Editorial: Service Computing in 2015 (Jan/Feb 2015)
- Editorial: Service Computing in the Next Seven Years (Oct-Dec 2014)
- Editorial: A Message from the Editor-in-Chief (Apr-June 2013)
- Introduction of new Associate Editors (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: A message from the new Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Farewell and Introduction to the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-Mar 2013)
- Editorial: Moving to the Fifth Year of TSC (Jan-Mar 2012)
- Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems and Services (March/April 2016)
- Special Issue on Big Data Analytics, Infrastructure, and Applications (Jan/Feb 2016)
- Recommendation Techniques for Services Computing and Cloud Computing (May/June 2015)
- Emerging Web Services (May/June 2015)
- Special Issue on Clouds for Social Computing (July-Sept 2014)
- Special Section on Social and Economic Computing (Apr-June 2013)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (Oct-Dec 2012)
- Special Section on Enforcement and Management in Services Computing (Apr-Jun 2012)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Fog Computing and Services (PDF)
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017.
Access Recently Published TSC Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection Newsletter.