IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) is an archival journal published monthly designed to inform researchers, developers, managers, strategic planners, users, and others interested in state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice activities in the knowledge and data engineering area. Read the full scope of TKDE
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the September 2017 issue
Big Search in Cyberspace
By Binxing Fang, Yan Jia, Xiaoyong Li, Aiping Li, and Xindong Wu
With the rapid development of big data analytics, mobile computing, Internet of Things, cloud computing, and social networking, cyberspace has expanded to a cross-fused and ubiquitous space made up of human beings, things, and information. Internet applications have evolved from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0 and Web 3.0, and web information has seen an explosive growth, which is strongly promoting the advent of a global era of big data. In this ubiquitous cyberspace, traditional search engines can no longer fully satisfy the evolving needs of various types of users. Therefore, search engines must make completely innovative, revolutionary changes for the next generation of search, which is referred to as “big search”. This paper first studies the development needs of big search. Then, big search is defined, and the 5S properties (Sourcing, Sensing, Synthesizing, Solution, and Security) of big search, which are different from those of traditional search engines, are elaborated. Also, the paper provides a system architecture for big search, explores the key technologies that support the 5S properties, and describes potential application fields of big search technology. Finally, the research opportunities of big search are discussed.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Xuemin Lin, a Scientia Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of New South Wales, Australia, has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering starting in 2017.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- TKDE celebrates its 25th Anniversary. Editor-in-Chief Jian Pei says, "We are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of TKDE. Since its first issue in March 1989, TKDE has published 2,981 articles, and another 220 articles in the early access portal. With 898 submissions and 79 accepted articles in 2012, TKDE is now the premier journal in the broad and general fields of data management, data mining, and knowledge engineering. We thank all the authors, reviewers, and readers for their continuing support to TKDE. As always, we are eager to hear your ideas and suggestions, and will do our best to meet your expectations. With all your passions, contributions, and supports, TKDE is embracing the new era of big data and big data analytics. Happy birthday to TKDE!"
- New EIC Editorial (March 2017)
- Editorial (January 2017)
- EIC Editorial (October 2016)
- In Memoriam: Chittoor V. Ramamoorthy, PhD 1926-2016 (June 2016)
- State of the Journal (January 2016)
- Editorial (August 2015)
- State of the Journal Editorial (January 2015)
- Editorial: State of the Transactions (January 2014)
- Editorial (August 2013)
- New EIC Editorial (February 2013)
- Outgoing EIC Editorial (February 2013)
- State of the Journal (February 2012)
- EIC Editorial (January 2011)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering 2015 (March 2017)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (February 2016)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (July 2015)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (June 2014)
- Special Section on the 27th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2011)(Oct 2012)
- Special Section on Keyword Search on Structured Data (Dec 2011)
- Cloud Data Management (Sept 2011)
- Special Section on the 26th International Conference on Data Engineering (Aug 2011)
Access recently published TKDE articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TKDE content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.