Minutes of PAMI-TC Meeting at CVPR 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010, San Francisco, CA
1. Meeting called to order at 12:15pm
2. Approval of agenda
3. Report from last meeting at ICCV 2009 (Japan)
a. Program chairs and general chairs of all major PAMI TC conferences cannot submit papers to that conference the year in which they are chairing.
i.Passed at CVPR 2009 and ICCV 2009
b. ICCV 2013 will be in Australia (Richard Hartley, Kyros Kutolakos, Steve Seitz, Phil Torr)
c. Motion passed that ICCV 2015 will be in the Americas
4. PAMI TC update of officers and committees
a. PAMI-TC Officers
i.Chair: Sudeep Sarkar, Vice-chair: Bryan Morse, BYU, Web: Song Wang, University of South Carolina, Communication: Walter Scheirer, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Finance: Antonio Robles-Kelly, National ICT Australia
b. PAMI-TC Steering Committee: Terry Boult, Kim Boyer, Rama Chellappa, Chuck Dyer, Rangachar Kasturi, David Kriegman, Gerard Medioni.
c. PAMI-TC Conference Committee: Larry Davis, Dan Huttenlocher, Jitendra Malik, Gerard Medioni, Baba Vemuri, Ramin Zabih, and PAMI-TC Chair and Co-chairs as ex-officio members.
d. IAPR representatives from the US: Kim Boyer, Anil Jain, Larry O'Gorman, and PAMI-TC Chair.
5. PAMI-TC budget was shared. Based on the new formula of 50% of conference surplus from 2008 + 3.5% of expenses, the total TC budget for 2010 was $62,300. The major expenses were student travel grants at CVPR doctoral consortium, lunch during PAMI-TC meeting, and page charge support to clear T-PAMI print backlog.
6. CVPR 2010 report: Best paper awards were annouced.
7. Updates were provided on PAMI-TC sponsored conference
a. Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition, http://www.aipr-workshop.org/
b. Winter Vision Meetings, wacv2011.org
c. Face and Gesture, http://www.fg2011.org/
d. International Conference on Computational Photography, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ICCP2011
e. CVPR 2011, http://cvpr2011.org/
f. ICCV 2011, http://www.iccv2011.org/
g. CVPR 2012
8. The following motion regarding the conference bidding process was passed
a. Future major conference bids will be due at least one month before the PAMI-TC meeting where they will be voted upon. No bids, including floor bids, will be accepted after the due date. If no bids are received by due date, the PAMI-TC Conference Committee will constitute a bid that will be voted upon at the TC meeting. If only one bid is received by due date, the conference committee has the discretion to put together an alternate bid.
9. There was one bid for CVPR 2013 that was put together by the PAMI-TC Conference Committee, upon the request of the PAMI-TC Chair
a. CVPR 2013 team will be Gerard Medioni and Ramin Zabih as General Chairs, and the program chairs will be Martial Hebert, Bill Freeman, Richard Szeliski, and Greg Hager
b. There were concerns expressed regarding the lack of adequate representation of women and minority, and geographic diversity on conference organization teams. The core team was advised to take this into account when constituting the rest of the team.
10. Pulse of the TC. There were some informal show of hands were taken to judge the pulse of the TC opinion. These were not formal motions.
a. There was not much support to separate the venue decision from the organizing team selection during the conference bidding process.
b. There was broad support for the 2 minute poster highlight section of the program.
c. There was divided support for night poster session with dinner.
11. Ramin Zabih provided an update of the state of T-PAMI.
12. Meeting adjourned at 1:30pm