IEEE Computer Society Introduces Multimedia Version of IEEE Software Magazine
- Grady Booch's audio recording of his On Computing column, discussing why the public should know about computing technology;
- Shull's interview with Ben Shneiderman about the Nation of Neighbors, a program that facilitates real-time collaboration in more than 400 neighborhood communities across the United States;
- Shull's interview with Anne Rose about the International Children's Digital Library, an impassioned network of more than 4,000 volunteers worldwide;
- A multimedia illustration of the Airbus Concept Cabin to demonstrate the future of flight from the passenger's perspective;
- Joel Spolsky's discussion of the structure, software, technology, and culture of Stack Exchange;
- Matthew McCullough and Tim Berglun's demonstration of how to leverage Git's powerful yet underused advanced features;
- Minnesota CIO Thomas Baden's presentation on working on the TopCoder Platform; and
- Diomidis Spinellis's discussion of why declarative code is easier to understand, modify, and maintain.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading membership organization for professionals in all aspects of modern computing – from cloud to big data, security to mobile, robotics to software defined systems, wearables to IoT. A true community for technology leaders, Computer Society provides resources to keep its members current in technology and moving forward in their professions – publications, a renowned digital library, a vast program of conferences, technical committees, and much more. The Computer Society also serves the profession at large through establishment of standards, professional qualifications and certifications, training and education programs, events on leading-edge technologies, conference publishing, and a wealth of other services and programs focused on advancing the science and art of computing. More information on IEEE Computer Society can be found at www.computer.org.