COMPSAC 2016: The 40th IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications
Atlanta, Georgia, USA - June 10-14, 2016
Connected World: New Challenges for Data, Systems & Applications
|2016 COMPSAC Symposia|
SAPSE 2016: The 8th IEEE International Workshop on Security Aspects in Processes and Services Engineering
Stelvio Cimato, Dipartimento di Informatica, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
Goal of the workshop
The workshop aims to foster cooperation among software practitioners and researchers in order to exchange the latest industrial experience and research ideas on services and processes engineering.
The area of processes and services engineering is a very attractive field for innovative research, particularly in the last years, when the outsourcing of business processes on the cloud has become a popular paradigm for both small and big companies. The outsourcing of data, services, processes and infrastructures on remote platforms provided by third parties is posing new important challenges, especially considering the security aspects, since the resulting software systems are expected to function correctly and resist also to malicious attacks under different changing threat scenarios. New techniques and methodologies are needed to be able to build better, more robust and more trusted systems, where security is taken into account and integrated in the whole design process since the very first stages.
Scope of the workshop
Researchers and practitioners all over the world, from both academia and industry, working in the areas of process engineering, service-oriented computing and security, cloud security are invited to discuss state of the art solutions, novel issues, recent developments, applications, methodologies, techniques, experience reports, and tools for the development and use of secure service oriented systems. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trust, security, and privacy in service-oriented and cloud-based systems
- Secure business process composition
- Security of business processes over the cloud
- Risk management in business processes
- Trust and policy management in clouds
- Service dependability, survivability, and reliability
- Design and development of secure service oriented systems
- Security specification of service oriented systems
- Certification of cloud-based and service oriented systems
- Verification, validation and testing of security properties of service oriented systems
The length of a camera ready paper will be limited to 6 pages (IEEE Proceedings style) with up to 2 additional pages (with charges for each additional page) printed on 10-12 point fonts. Authors must follow IEEE CS Press Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare papers. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper is required to pay full registration fee and present the paper at the workshop in person.
- Nadia Bennani, University of Lyon, France
- Carlo Blundo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Chiara Braghin, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Ernesto Damiani, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Isao Echizen, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Chun-I Fan, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
- Clemente Galdi, University of Naples, Italy
- Fuyuki Ishikawa, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Meiko Jensen, Independent Centre for Privacy Protection, Germany
- Dimitris Karagiannis, University of Vienna, Austria
- Mathias Kohler, SAP, Germany
- Michiharu Kudo, IBM, Japan
- George Spanoudakis, City University London, UK
- Hung-Min Sun, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- James C.N. Yang, National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
Looking for a lunch spot?
and filter results for distance from the Sheraton, meal price, etc...
Lunch will be served on Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the Atlanta Ballroom, Level One
Advance registration is open. Due date is May 1, 2016. Please note that COMPSAC does not offer travel grants or travel subsidies to conference presenters or attendees.
BEST CONFERENCE HOTEL RATE EXPIRES
MAY 19! Extended to May 27.
Transportation from the Atlanta Airport
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) offers convenient rail service from the airport for $2.50 (one way), with a travel time of 20 minutes. The Sheraton Atlanta is closest to the Peachtree Center Station, Stop #N1 on the red line. Guests should take the north exit and turn left onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. The Sheraton Atlanta is two blocks ahead on the right.
Authors: Paper Submission
Please click this link to go to the main conference/symposia paper submission system.
Workshop paper submission links are available on the individual workshop web pages.
Program Committee Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 25, 2015 Extended: October 15, 2015: Workshop/tutorial proposals due
November 30, 2015: Main conference abstracts due (optional)
December 11, 2015: Extended: December 23, 2015: Main conference submissions due
February 29, 2016: Main conference paper notifications
March 6, 2016: Extended: March 18, 2016: Workshop papers due; Posters due
March 7, 2016 Extended: March 29, 2016: Doctoral Symposium papers due; Fast Abstracts due
March 28, 2016: March 31, 2016: Workshop & Poster paper notifications March 28, 2016 April 1, 2016: Doctoral Symposium, Fast Abstract notifications
April 7, 2016: Camera ready and registration due (all)